Cut 'n Tan / Failure of Manufacturer to stand behind the quality of product used in

1 United States

I drive a 2004 Audi A-4 and this is my first experience beyond the warranty. While under warranty, the dealership service is impeccable however, it's a different experience beyond the warranty. You no longer receive calls relative to the quality of your service experience because the dealership no longer cares. The Steering rack in my 2004 Audi has a hole in it and is leaking fluid into the boot. My car does not sit outside in the winter, has never been hit or involved in an accident beyond a rock breaking a windshield, and I am not a speeder. I am appalled that the manufacturer is only willing to split half of the cost of replacement for this major car component. The manufacturer should be willing to warrant this product for far more years than the 5 this car has been in operation and it has seriously impacted my opinion of the Audi!. Given the replacement cost I started checking around and no one has ever heard of having a problem of this nature in so new of a car yet, Audi via the dealership refuses to cover the entire cost of replacement which in my mind also includes the labor!

Bi