Curves for Women / curves not so Christian

GA, United States Review updated:

I was hired at Curves and in 2 days was given a key and ran the gym by myself by day 4.I was well like by all the members and even had some request to have me do all their 1st few work outs.Well after being there 3 weeks I found out I was pregnant.I waited to tell anyone at work and in my family till after my 1st ultrasound to make sure all was ok.Well after the ultrasound I told my manager about the baby, she was excited and said I would have no probs continuing my job.I was going to tell the owner the next week when she came in.Well b4 I could see her I had a 2nd ultrasound and was told the baby had died.The dr told me on a Tuesday and gave me a note for work for the rest of the week due to the fact they had to remove the baby.I took the note straight in to work and a few hours later the owner left6 a message on my phone saying"I did not know you were pregnant and this is not going to work out".So all in one day I lost my baby and my job.I was so happy to get a job with curves since they claimed to be a christian company, but it turns out they are not.I still have the message on my phone and have spoke to lawyers and have been told the dep of labor will love to get ahold of this so I am going to let them.I have no respect for curves for women anymore.

Comments

• Da
      Dec 23, 2010

Ok, get this. I paid for a 12 month prepay and after 6 months had a medical hold for another 6 months, in which I never received a phone call or post card even making sure I was alive! I used to work for Curves when They 1st came out and they were truly legite and now all the new owners are in debt and desperate, but I do know they have to call or send postcards. So I am now pregnant and have a Dr. cxl note and requested my remaining money back. They stated only a hold will be placed since it was not a perm dis. But I was also determined perm disabled with other issues and thought the notice I gave would be enough. It wasn't, I then felt like a criminal and like the enemy. So I called another Curves that I was involved with in the past and filled out the paperwork to have my account transered and then get a per. dis. note from my Dr. and cxl from a club that I felt safe with. Low and behold the Owner of the club went POSTAL at the the other club owner, stating she will call curves corporate and file FRAUD charges on the club I wanted to transfer to. And that I should of requested a transfer before I wanted to cxl, and now they won't release my file. I have now faxed over the PERM DIS NOT and now they came up with you 12 mo prepay with a cxl is now considered a month to month membership and I would owe them money because M/M is more or to end it lets call it a WASH!!! I contacted Curves international and they said they are ind owned and to call the owner!!! So what doe the cust serv reps at Curves int'l get Pais FOR!!! I will smear Curves Name to everone I Know, since they are an ISORE/MONEY PIT and all the DOORS will be closed soon, Mark my WORD. What goes around comes around> BEWARE OF CURVES - they have become like all other store NO REFUNDS even with DR.'s NOTE!!!

• Da
      Dec 23, 2010

I worked for Curves when they first came out in Calif. I loved it had a great owner, but then my owner bought so many clubs and moved to other states to open, my mgr and I ( assistant Mgr) ran the club just as you did. On our own. But we were a good team and shared responsibilities. Our Owner was so appreciative she rewarded us all regualarly. Then time to sale to owner after owner, with all the changes and these new owners not knowing what they got themselves into, were all broke and being cheap. How sad. But like you said Gary Haven states Chritian Values, but he is SATAN. The owners have to pay for everything, Royalties, mentors, training in other states.. etc... then at the yearly conventions he has more and more products that he states To by at discount( the urgency factor) and these owners are in the red when it comes to monthly bills!. Curves Sucks. SO I am the 1 who wrote the comment above and have been treated like a criminal just to cxl and NOT get money back!!! Even with a disabilty!!! The Lord will shut them all down in due time...

• Be
      Jun 13, 2011

i was hired by a curves in england..again was honest about my lack of experience in the field but the manager said she was willing to put the time in training me. this was not the case. i had about 2 real "training" sessions, the rest of the time she said the gym was too busy for her to train me (maybe bringing in another member of staff wou;d have been sensible) i was dumped in the circuit on my own most of the time with absolutely no idea of what i was meant to do and my training seemed to have ended. she let me go a month later saying i should have had a handle on the job, my training booklet was still incomplete and training on fitness assesments had not even been touched on..she paraded my exit interview as a review until the very last minute when she knew i had to get my daughter from school. she even told me to continue with learning the phone script in this "review." she said it was quiet in the circuit when i was there when for the whole shift i was chatting to people but she didn't notice as she was sat on the pc the whole time and only came in the circuit to discuss a soap opera. very unproffesional and from what i have experienced a compulsive liar. i asked her to clarify the reasons for her letting me go as i felt they were unfounded she said she would ring me back and never did..she blamed other mebers of staff for the decision which i know is not true as i spoke to one of them. i also saw some very unprofessional behaviou she was wathcing videos on youtube while the circuit was unsupervised ...