Curtis O Barnes / Fraud and cheating

Curtis O Barnes
This company is threatening to Dishonorably discharge my husband from the military. The only attempts they've made to contacting us is just a letter we received 3 days ago, and leaving voicemails that have no description of who they are or why they're calling just saying my husband needs to call them back. I read some of the other posts and had a sigh relief until i saw they can practice law in Ohio and California which is where i incurred the debt, but now i am currently in arizona, and they threatened to file a out of state suit. I need immediate help asap.

N  23rd of Sep, 2009 by

Curtis O Barnes - harrassment
curtis o barnes

i was recentlly called at work by a person a mr. Looney, about a credit card collections, i told him the debt is valid and i would attempt hardship withdrawl from my 401k account to get it taken care of this man is an agent. he then proceeds toask for family members names and phone numbers.I bassically told him to shove it up his ###. no family member needs to know my financial situation. we agreed to drop 1000 dollars if i could have a check from my 401k to him within 9 days.Yea right. he then calls my work 2 days later claiming to be a lawyer and must speak with me immediatly. my work does not allow collection company phone calls and my supervisor told him he didnt care who he was. I have pre paid legal thank god and will be turning it over to my law firm for their wrongful debt collections procedures.These people are ###s. if you have access to a lawyer do so.
N  29th of May, 2011 by

Curtis O Barnes - Stay away

I just received a letter stating that ' This law firm has been engaged to file a lawsuit against me in California' I know that California debt collectors have the right to sue for the collection of there money but the thing is I never received calls or anything from them I was actually looking for the contact to who chase credit cards sold my account to so I can start my payments that I went on default for awhile now and never got around to it. Now I'm working to take care of my parents and help with the mortgage and I'm really tight on how much I can pay them. If you have any information to how I should apporach this because I'm scared to call people that are threating to garnish my wages and take what ever property that is under my name which is my car that I need to use for work. I'm willing to pay but since I'm in california can they just sue me and suck me dry without trying to work out a plan with me??please help I get all sick to my stomach with my nerves I really need to contact them back soon but I'm truely scared I can pay them just not the lum sum they are asking for. But can they sue me for all I got?
A  25th of Feb, 2012 by
They contacted me two days ago and I just got a letter from them. I have already decided to seek legal counsel and I already gave them my brothers' phone numbers. The guys I talked with were named Mr., Godfrey and Mr Figueroa. sound familiar?