Curry's / Returns

1 Hereford, England, Herefordshire, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07835106490

Yet another terrible experience at my local Curry's store Feb 2010 Hereford UK:

After repeatedly visiting the local Curry's store in Hereford being refused an exchange or refund after my laptop had been repaired FOUR times already in under SEVEN months, and a re-installation of the O.S twice, i have decided to name and shame with very good reason. Out of the seven months iv'e owned this laptop, iv'e probably got three months use out of it due to all of the repairs done. The level of customer service was very bad indeed, rude, and intimidating whilst we also found out that the store manager at the time lied on multiple occasions whilst changing his story a few times too. That's a different story though! Even when i wrote to the head office im still waiting 4 days later to recieve a response!!! The general experience was just awful and will spread the word never to shop their again. Indeed i was told by two seperate tech/repair guys that i was well in my rights to an exchange and/or a refund after the trouble we experienced with this laptop in particular, but was refused and throbbed off three times (after travelling long distances) by the very rude local Curry's store manager (Anthony). The manager seemed to be more concerned with his other customers who were obviously interested in spending rather than asking questions! If id of asked any other customer of my situation im sure they would of agreed with me. I can say that the younger more approachable members of staff were very polite and friendly who did genuinely want to help out but could not. To date i'm still waiting for an answer!

Anyway...to cut a long story short, we think that this store in particular should meet a higher level of customer service. Avoid Curry's!!!

To date the issue is still pending. http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-satellite-l450d-04127252-pdt.html

Si

Comments

• Ca
      23rd of Aug, 2010
    Curry's - Return of defective unit
    Curry's
    Ireland

I purchased a stereo here - when I plugged it in at home there was a loud buzzing from it (present also in the store but due to the size of the store, undetectable).

I returned it a week later and all units from the manufacturer had this defect. I was told by an imperious customer service agent - after waiting quite a long time - that she would do me a ' special favor' and refund my money.

I am doing Curry's a special favor now: buying all my electronics from Argos where the customer service agents are well trained and understand how important it is to rely on the integrity of the place of purchase.

Argos thanks you Curry's! Since my experience with your puerile self important customer service agent, Argos has benefited by my purchase of 2 computers, 2 heaters, outdoor aeriel, flat screen TV, hair dryer and a vacuum.

Fire your marketing manager in charge of training customer service reps and rethink your marketing strategy Curry's. Even then I won't return and will give your stores a negative report whenever possible.

• Ca
      23rd of Aug, 2010

The fact that Curry's does not even provide an email for contacting customer service shows its total disregard of customer satisfaction. I hope this chain goes out of business because it is a headache to deal with though butter would melt in the Sales person's mouth.

• Fl
      5th of Apr, 2011

I bought a gas cooker in 2009 at Curry Cambridge, I had to have the grill repaired twice within that first warranty year. This month exactly the same problem has occurred with the grill but Currys now say the warranty period is over and they will not repair it. Customer service accused me of not listening or hearing them out when I voiced the fact that the problem is ongoing and I feel should be entitled to have it repaired or replaced and when I mentioned my rights under the Sale of Goods act was told "Currys have rights too" I asked for their head office telephone number and they refused to give it to me stating they (customer service) would deal with it and that my only option is to buy an extended warranty OR get an independant repairer to look at the cooker at my own expense and send them the report and then a decision would be made by Currys if they would repair it. I am on a very limited income and can not afford this. I would expect a cooker to last more than 18 months. I will not shop at Currys again. They have no respect for their customers unless they are spending. I have been searching online for complaints against Currys and find there are thousand of complaints, how can they be allowed to get away with this. It would be good to boycot this store and make the Curry top dogs in their executive offices see just how unhappy we are.