Curry Chevrolet / Horrible sales service

728 Central Park AvenueScarsdale, NY, United States Review updated:

My husband and I purchased a 2008 Chevy Silverado at Curry on Wednesday, January 2nd. Your salesperson, Andre Evans, was unprofessional and disrespectful towards us. Our appointment was at 6pm. After we filled out the paperwork with Howard, we waited for Andre to finish up with another customer. He was hesitant when my husband asked him about getting the plates on the truck. My husband saw that Andre was not helpful and took the initiative to remove the plates off the trade-ins. It was very cold outside and we kept waiting for Andre to come but he never came to help us. I went back into the showroom to find him and I saw Andre just sitting at his desk with NO CUSTOMER.

I told Andre that my husband was having a hard time removing the plates and Andre said to pull the cars into the garage. My husband did that. We waited for Andre in the garage and he kept constantly leaving us. My husband and I were getting impatient because all we wanted to do was leave and cancel the deal.

Andre came back around 8:30pm and said to my husband "you are still working on the plates." I turned to Andre and told him "this is your job not the customer." Andre responded? "How do you expect me to do this and work inside?". Andre also told us that he needs this sale because he wasn't sure if he was getting fired next month. If Andre could not take care of us then he should have asked for help. If my husband did not take the initiative that night we would have been there until 10pm.

Finally, Andre pulled the new truck into the garage and left us again. My husband was not waiting for him and started to put the new plates on the truck. Andre returns to the garage and stands over my husband, watching him put the plates on the truck (which is the salesperson job) and Andre did nothing. My husband and I were very upset how we were treated and called General Motors Corp. to make a complaint.

The next night, I received a phone call at 10pm from Laura Sodano (manager) at Curry. Laura was upset that we contacted General Motors. I told Laura that Andre did not prep the truck and did not help us. My husband did his job. Laura lied and said our appointment was at 5 when I made the appointment at 6. I called Howard the next day at Curry Chevrolet and he confirmed it was at 6. Laura was rude and unprofessional. She did nothing to rectify the experience we had at Curry Chevrolet. Laura said that I need to be more understanding and to have patience. I am the customer, I expected my truck to be ready and my salesperson, Andre, should have taken care of us.
Va

Comments

Bl
  23rd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I called to get a quote after my car accident and can move and need a vechile and the GM was rude disrecpectful they transfered me all over the car dealer ship with still no answer. I am going to report them to GM since this is one of our baill out companies we the tax people helped bail out I do not feel we should be treated this way and now we know why americas do not buy america cars cause Honda would never treat their customer is such a horrible manner
Cu
  26th of Jan, 2011
We have the highest regard for our customer and always appreciate any constructive criticism. All of our personnel are required to conduct themselves in a courteous and professional manner. Unfortunately, unforeseen circumstances occur through no fault of our customers and situations are not always handled properly. Without our customers we would not have been able to stay in business since 1919 and our sincere apologies go out to anyone that feels like they were not treated in that manner.

Chevrolet Logo Chevrolet