Cumbrian-cottages.co.uk / They give everyone else in this business a bad name

1 United States

Happy New Year at CALVERT COTTAGE and CUMBRIAN COTTAGES - Calvert Cottage this cottage was rated as 4 star by cumbrian cottages. I would not even give it 1 star it was dirty, smelly, beds were very uncomfortable, cold when we arrived and cobwebs everywhere and all the fixtures and fittings were old and tired. Horrid coloured bathroom suite. The wall paper was peeling off the walls in the living room and there was mould growing on the walls. This was some 4 star.The Manager of the Windermere Office said that alhtough she had not seen this cottage she knew it was alright. How? I begged her to go out and take a look. She refused repeatedly.Cumbrian Cottages now say they CALVERT COTTAGE has just been inspected and guess what it still has 4 stars. Is the Inspector a relation I wonder? Or is it simply that the cottage owners pay for the Inspection so they are not impartial? I have asked for the address of the owners so I can take this matter to the small claims court Cumbrian Cottages are refusing to give me this information. Once they have taken your money they have no interest in you. It is such a pity the Lake District is beautiful there are lovely cottages to rent but not throught this company I fear. They give everyone else in this business a bad name.