Closed

Cuisinart / 8 stitches to left hand

Hd Review updated:
Phone: 800-726-0190

I purchased a brand-new Cuisinart SmartStick (R) hand blender. I used it to make a milkshake in the cup provided. I then unplugged it and cleaned it per instructions. The blade snapped into my left thumb during the cleaning process--it happened so fast and shocked me. I received 8 stitches to my left thumb at the emergency room. Cuisinart has behaved so unethically--first they asked me to send them the blender for their own evaluation to decide if they would reimburse me for medical treatment. Given their F-rating with the BBB and all the negative publicity they have received on the Internet I did not agree to relinquish my one piece of evidence. They then wrote me a letter and said it was all entirely my fault because the blade is sharp. No kidding the blade is sharp! I should know because it snapped and was embedded in my thumb. This company has terrible Customer Service and will do anything to blame the consumer. I've included a photo of my finer all stitched up. I'll have permanent scars to remind me of this horrific incident.

Cuisinart

Comments

• Hd
      3rd of May, 2012

I am a grownup and not a child who used this product according to Cuisinart instructional guidelines. The product malfunctioned. End of story. I do worry that unsupervised children as well as elderly people could use a product like this and suffer injuries. Thank you for your comment and feedback.

• Hd
      3rd of May, 2012

Your comments are out of line. Please find something better to do with your time. Those of us who have something to report are using this site to do so truthfully. Of course people can type without the use of a thumb! I am reporting you to the webmaster of this site.