CSW: Ringers / Scam and cheating

I too was charged on this months sprint bill for this service after is "sucked" me in for FREE ringtones. When is requested my cellphone number it send me a text message and asked me to respond "yes" if i wanted FREE ringtones. When I relized that it was first going to cost me 9.99, I cancelled, yet I was still charged by Sprint. I called CS at sprint and they told me that I would have to contact CSW Ringtones and share my tale of wow with them as unfortunately this is a second party billing! This in my dictionary spells FRAUD! Anyone else agree with me?

Ro

Comments

• So
      25th of Jan, 2008

I'm also being charged $9.99/month for ringtones without my consent. I even followed the instructions to e-mail and cancel, but there was no confirmation from the company, my cellphone company is still being billed and charging me, and I'm sick of it! I've never downloaded any ringtones from them or anyone else!

• Ah
      27th of Jan, 2008

I have the same exact problem. I never authorized it and I am being charged $9.99 a month for it and I do not even know how to use it to download ring tones.

• El
      3rd of Feb, 2008

I have not idea how this company even got my phone number. I try to call and have yet to get a hold of anyone. This is ridiculous. I'm not going to pay for something I'm not using or even plan on using.

• Da
      11th of Feb, 2008

Claimed to have free ringtone offer... never received but now charged $9.99/mo... does anyone know how to get money back from these con artists...

• Ak
      14th of Feb, 2008

My daughter received a text from them last month and she thought it meant there was a problem with her cellular service so she texted back "yes". Then she realized that was not the case and immediately texted back NO and called them to cancel. The charge showed up on our bill anyway. I've been trying to reach them all week and finaly did today. They said I could cancel but that the charge for last month was valid. I explained to them that an 8 year-old has no authority to sign up for any such service and so therefore it was not valid and that they WILL be reversing the charge. All of a sudden, they said they would be issuing me a refund check (in 4-6 weerks). I'm not holding my breath, but did take down his name and WILL call back in 4 weeks if I do not receive it. Now, I'm not saying my daughter is not 8 , but I think if they are going to use deceptive practices to trick us into siging up for their service, I think we need to say whaetever will work to get them to refund us.

• Ro
      23rd of Feb, 2008

I am getting billed $9.99 a month on my cell phone bill for a service I did not order

29th of Feb, 2008

I am having this same issue. Only, its the first month, but I have two, yes two charges from this company. And I am very upset. I've called the hotline, where I can't even understand the automated message. And there is just no one available, ever. I've been calling about every half hour for two days now with no luck. I never even signed up for this service, and all of a sudden there is two charges on my bill, very upset!

29th of Feb, 2008

Yeah, just posted but had another thing to say. I went to the website as well, and there isn't even a place where you can contact them. I looked under the help section, in which case all they explain is how to setup the program or how to download. The only contact is: "To terminate or cancel the Service, send an e-mail to care@ringtonetimes.com or contact our customer services representatives at 1877 225 1198. " however neither of those options seem to do any good, seeing as how others are still being charged.

Its a horrible fraudulent company.

• Be
      12th of Mar, 2008

I have sent several messages to your company and have informed you that I have never subscribed for your jokes on my phone and you continually send me these jokes and say that you are charging me for these jokes, if I see these charges on my account I will be contacting the better buisness bearue and informing them that your company is illegally taking money from my account and I will persue the matter in court against you. There was a worm on my computer that I am convinced was put on my computer by your company and my financial information was taken from that computer. I know this because my old computer kept flashing your company name and I dont know how it got on there. Investigate the matter and I expect to be reimbursed for the money you stole from my account and I expect that there will be no further charges from you and I expect that you will stop sending me corney jokes. my number is 910-366-8719 my e-mail address is vwalker008@nc.rr.com

• Ri
      14th of Mar, 2008

I ralo received the $9.99 cahrge and was not sure why so I cancelled last month. I just received another charge again today and this time I responded to the email and an answer came back saying it was cancelled. So I guess I have to wait another month.

• Jw
      17th of Mar, 2008

THESE ###S HAVE BEEN CHARGING ME FOR TWO MONTHS, I'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OR USED THE SERVICE. WHEN I ASKED FOR A SUPERVISOR I WAS TOLD THEY DON'T TAKE PHONE CALLS, SOUNDS LIKE SOME FOREIGN ### LIKE DELL USES.

19th of Mar, 2008

I too fell victim to CSW Ringtones. I'd like to get my money back as well.

25th of Mar, 2008

I went to get a "free" ringtone from CSW ringers, put my carrier in, my number in, picked "free" ringtone, and started to get a 9.99 fee. Thought would be a one time fee so I paid the addition to my bill. Got text saying to resubscribe if wanted to continue, so I didn't resubscribe. Now it's on my April bill too, and extremly pissed I got con'd into all this with a "free" lure! Sprint has since said I needed to get it off my digital lounge to get monthly fees off my phone! However Sprint.com was down too, when I found this, a way to complain someone! Be careful of "free" anything! Thought I was smarter than this!

• Cw
      28th of Mar, 2008

My daughter got caught up in that "free" crap too. She's 17 and her phone is in my name. I haven't called CSW yet but I have contacted two others of the same business, Thumbplay and Dada Mobile.
    Thumbplay was easy to contact. Their phone # was on the cell phone bill with the charge. The rep I spoke with "said" they would mail me a refund, for the two months we had it, because my daughter was a minor. She also canceled the "subscription".

The other two had no #'s so I googled them and got the phone # from website. Dada Mobile would only cancel the "subscription". They would not reimburse me. I haven't tried CSW yet. Probably get the same crap Dada gave me. They don't care how old the subscriber is. Their defense is they send a text msg to the phone that subscribed telling about the charges. But it wasn't my phone. I didn't see that msg and I'm the Mobile Service account holder.

I really dislike what this world has become. Nobody cares anymore. It's all about money and they don't care how they get it or who they hurt by scamming and sucking in innocent, naive people.

For heavens sake, read everything!!! U may not want to but it may save u from future irritation and wasted money.

• Te
      31st of Mar, 2008

I totally agree with all the above complaints. I think the authorities should do something about this company, like, shut it down and give our money back!

• Lh
      12th of Apr, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me. I called my cell phone company several times and I finally reached someone who was all to happy to disregard the charges but said that I had to text message CSW and tell them to stop.

I can' t believe that this is alowed to happen.

26th of Apr, 2008

I recieved a text message saying my CSW subscription had been renewed. Well, I never had a subscription in the first place. So, I called the company, and It said my subscription was canceled. I haven't heard if it was or not. It took 9.99 off my account and I want the Money back NOW! Something needs to be done imediatly!

26th of Apr, 2008

I agree with you all. I got a text message saying my CSW Subscription, which I NEVER had, had been renewed. When I went on the website, it said I would get a joke of the day. I would have never placed an order for a joke of the day! I have never even heard of this company, and I want my money put back on my account NOW! Something needs to be done!

• Fl
      28th of Apr, 2008

stop ring did not orders being billed for ringers i did not approve thank you

• Fr
      30th of Apr, 2008

HOW DO I GET MY CELL NUMBER OF THE LIST?