CSW Jokes and Horoscopes / Charges for services I did not authorize

I bought a new cell phone from Alltel. Shortly after, I started receiving text jokes and horoscopes from CSW. I do not have text messaging in my plan, so I never opened them. Weeks later, when I receive my phone bill, there are four charges (5.99 each) from CSW. I called Alltel. They said the billing was from a third party and that they did not have the authorization to remove the charges. They then gave me a phone number at which to reach CSW. So, I called and called and finally got a person who barely spoke English. He said he would refund the charges, and send me a check in the mail. A couple of weeks later, I got the check as promised. I thought that took care of it, but when I received this month's phone bill, there were TWO MORE CHARGES ON IT. I called CSW AGAIN. They would not refund the money this time, and I got nowhere with the person on the other end of the line. He would not let me speak to his supervisor, so I am calling Alltel to tell them that it's not right for them to allow a third party to bill me for something I did not order on MY ALLTEL BILL. I'm not giving up. I'm sure this bogus company makes tons of money from people who just give up and pay the money after CSW "cancells their subscription". Don't let this company take your hard earned money. Fight them to a victorious end and report them to the Better Business Bureau!

Comments

• Li
      6th of Dec, 2007

Stop my service immediately. I didn't ask for it and won't pay for. Stop the billing my cell # 623-694-2059

8th of Dec, 2007

The same is true. This place is a scam, rip off-artist place and does not provide ethical service. Alltel should inform customers of this pending scam company and inform new customers of this company's unethical behavior.

• Li
      14th of Dec, 2007

This has happened to me and I am sending a letter through email at customercare@funmobile.com. I am not paying for this service either!!!

• Pa
      16th of Jan, 2008

I have a phone number for everyone to call and unsucribe.
    1-877-225-1198. This is the number that alltel gave me very easy . I guess I will see on my next phone bill. I was suckered into it to. Not everyone is alone.

Thanks.

• Fd
      6th of Feb, 2008

Send a text "stop" to 71769

• Da
      9th of Feb, 2008

I have experienced exactly the same type of situation with my Verizon Wireless phone. I was billed for an unauthorized $9.99 "Premium TXT" message from this CSW Jokes. When I called Verizon to explain that I had no idea whatsoever how this was initiated or why it was billed to my account, I got nowhere. The representative refused to credit my account for this and also refused to let me speak to anyone of higher authority. Verizon seems to have absolutely no respect whatsoever for its customers. Since it is possible for someone to send a text message from the Internet (from Verizon's website), how can one know that someone who happens to have his/her cell phone number (or can obtain it via some computer virus) can't initiate an unauthorized subscription to something like this? I think it's high time for some increased federal regulation of these big bully companies like Verizon, I plan to write my representatives and would urge others to do likewise.

• Bi
      1st of Mar, 2008

I have a the exact situation with all. Unauthorized bill by CSW Jokes thru Alltel. 3rd party bill my A--. I contracted with Alltel for their services only. Since when can a child or any person auhorize any 3rd party to contract for me...
    I am complaining to BBB and my elected representatives. Cell phone companies have too much power.

• Da
      13th of Mar, 2008

Last night I reviewed my Alltel bill and discovered that this charge was posted to one of the three phones I own. This morning I called Alltels' customer service { 1-800-255-8351 }, to register a complaint and was told that she would refund the charges and cancel the subscription. I think Alltel has discovered that these people are ripping off their customers and are working to try and stop it. GREAT job Alltel! Thanks, Daniel.

26th of Mar, 2008

Exact same thing happend to me and my husband. He got a free ringtone and then started getting billed from csw jokes, that he never signed up for. We texted them to stop and said we were not being charged even though we have charges on our bill. We called Alltel and they told us they would refund the money and they would note it on the account that we did not sign up for any csw jokes. Alltel was understanding and not suprised at all by our call.