CSW / Unknown subscription charges

I have only had my cell phone for 1 month now, and already problems with a charge of $19.95. On my cell phone screen, it says CSW - subscrip. My son called Verizon to see what these charges are for. Mind you, my son has a PhD degree and when he was done with the phone call, he still wasn't sure what this was for or how it happened. Verizon did say they would remove the charge, but now I am worried that the charge may appear again next month. After reading the other complaints about CSW, I now understand that they are a separate entity. Therefore, now I am wondering if I should try to call CSW to make sure the subscrip is canceled. Don't even know what the subscrip was for! But, like the others have said, this is sure a scam and a rip off. And, something needs to be done about it!

More CSW Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• El
      17th of Oct, 2007
    CSW - unauthorize charges

I have called CSW about these charges, I don't have text message anymore I even blocked it, and I am still being charged. I have called but still nothing is happening and Alltel says they can not help.

This is scam, beware!

• Br
      29th of Oct, 2007
    CSW - unauthorize charges

I signed up for a free download and the next thing I know I am being charged $9.99 a month for a service that I did not ask for. This has happened for 2 months and I would like to have credit restored to my phone for these unauthorized charges and this service stopped.

• Br
      29th of Oct, 2007

If there are several complaints against this company, why are they still allowed to scam unsuspecting customers??? I am ready to have my Verizon phone turned off. I never had this kind of problem with ALLTELL.

• Co
      9th of Dec, 2007

Was sent an E-mail my subscription was renewed for 9.99 a month. Have never subscribed to this service and want these charges removed.

• De
      19th of Dec, 2007
    CSW - Unauthorized charges
    Galesburg
    North Dakota

I have no idea how it came that i was to be charged for something that was not authorized. I do not want the service to which I am being charged for and would like to know what the next step would be to stop these charges from happening. When I try to reply by cell it comes back that my command is not recognized.

• Jp
      26th of Dec, 2007
    CSW

I was charged $19.99 for a subscription (and again for a renewal ) when I answered an ad for a "free ringtone". I immediately sent a message to cancel when I realized they had signed me up for a subscription, but this was ignored.

• Bj
      31st of Dec, 2007

Unauthorized charges.

Just opened my Alltel bill and discovered two charges of $5.99 for jokes and horoscope from CSW. Alltel said they have no control over third party billing and so far will not remove the charge. Alltel believes thand CSW. I will also contact the NC Utilities Commission and local newspaper as necessary to get the word out on this. at one of my family members signed up for a free ringtone, either from a pop up on the our new cell phones or on the Internet and somehow subscribed to the service. They said my only recourse is to contact CSW - 1-877-225-1198 and stop the subscription. I called the number and entered the phone number that I wanted service stopped on - no live voice to confirm anything. I have also blocked text messaging on this line. This is a pure SCAM and I have taken the time to file a complaint with the FCC against ALLTEL

18th of Jan, 2008

I being charged $9.99 for a subscription I did not o.k by CSW so how do i fix this problem?

• Ka
      24th of Jan, 2008

I was charged 9.99 by this CSW ringtone place also---i was surprised because i did not recall okaying or finalizing any type of service-----got charged for browsing i guess----anyone succesful in getting a credit for what we were bilked out of?

• Yv
      3rd of Feb, 2008
    CSW

Keep texting jokes to my mobile cell phone which I did not want especially for $9.99 a month. I tried to get one ring tone, which I did not receive. I did not ask for any jokes or to see if I'm compatible with a mate.

• Ni
      8th of Feb, 2008
    9130 W Cameron Drive
    Phoenix
    Arizona
    Phone: 623-293-1559
    www.ringtonetimes.com

I didn't sign up for any service. I text the company to cancel then today I get an email stating my subscription has been renewed. Beware people!

• Mt
      17th of Feb, 2008

PLASE' STOP" sending me text to my phone stop texting jokes to my phone PLASE STOP PLASE STOP PLASE STOP TEXTING ME JOKES PLASE STOP PLASE STOP PLASE STOP PLASE STOP TEXTING ME

• Th
      28th of Feb, 2008

Take this off my cell phone #231-388-2858 71769 Csw jokes/Horoscope. Candy L Hutchinson

• Pa
      2nd of May, 2008
    California

Awakened in the middle of the night by text beep saying"Your CSW subscription is renewed, 20 credits left" Never ordered CSW--don't know what it is!

• Bo
      17th of Jun, 2008

please stop unauthorized e-mails from 71769 and 69999 it comes to my work blacberry and they expect me to pay for it.

• Au
      25th of Aug, 2008
    CSW - unauthorize charges

this is ridiculous that i keep getting these stupid charges for something that i didnt even authorize for?

• Ri
      21st of Sep, 2008

I received an E-mail stating they were going to charge my account $9.99 a month. I never signed up for this service to begin with. I discovered the complaint board and realized I was among several people in the same boat. Now, what I would like to know is how do you get it stopped?

• Ze
      20th of Feb, 2009
    CSW Ringtonetime.com
    Texas

Was charged for months since Sprint did not tell the procedure to cancel or get a refund. Finally got it cancelled after 6 months

27th of Jul, 2009
    csw
    California

I have been charged monthly for ringtones I do not want. Please I have tried on the phone and it does not work...

• Ta
      16th of Nov, 2009
    sharon tabuyo
    California

CSW offered FREE ringtones, when applied to saying yes, they didn't tell you it was a subscription membership sevice of $9.99 which was hidden charges. Contacted CSW, the representative was RUDE, telling me it was my fault. I told her to shove it up her ..."you know what". She told me I can't have my money back. I told her you guys are a "RIP OFF COMPANY" and not to contact my phone EVER!!!