CSL- METIS Leather Sofa / Mis-sold leather sofa

1 Crewe CSL in general really!, United States Review updated:
Phone: 01270849081

We ordered our sofa on the 28th March 2009.
At 3 months pregnant I thought that waiting 12 weeks for a sofa was quite a long time, but as we were assured by the charming manager in store (which has now conveniently left for another store and whose name CSL refuse to give me) it never takes 12 weeks - they just say this in case of some rare unfortunate incident that could delay manufacturing.
To put it mildly - he made it sound like it was more likely that the store would spontaniously combust than our sofa be late.

We have now been told our sofa wont arrive until Thursday 9th July which will be nearly 15 weeks waiting.

I was assured by the manager that, although there was a problem with my finance as I had just moved address, the order would be placed on the 28th March but it wasn't placed until 8th April!! - 12 days later.

No matter how unhappy you are about any aspect of your sofa, CSL say under no circumstances will they give compensation.
They gave the unbelievable explanation that there sofas are so cheap(!) because they dont include compensation claims of other customer in the price!!
So if you're happy with running the risk of not being happy with your sofa when it arrives and being stuck with it with no refund etc then go ahead!

There were so many lies fed to us whilst we ordered our sofa and now they have our money they are just not interested. It is our word against theirs and after numerous calls to Head Office they still will not let me speak to a supervisor and refuse to get someone to call me back.

I have never EVER in my life spoken to a less helpful Customer Service Helpdesk

TO CUT AN EXTREMELY LONG STORY SHORT - I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CSL AGAIN AND I ADVISE ANYONE WHO VALUES THEIR SANITY TO DO THE SAME

Comments

• Cs
      16th of Sep, 2009

Totally agree. CSL are only good at one thing and that is sales, after sales like quality control and customer service are shocking for a national company of this size. And how they are able to enforce some of their tactics both in sales and aftercare are beyond me. The only sad thing about this posting is that 99 people out of 100 will only read this when it's too late. Good luck trying to resolve your problems.

• Ab
      29th of Sep, 2009

I absolutely agree. I have never been fed so many contradictory stories in my life - some people might call them lies. They are rude, obnoxious, unpleasant and downright nasty. Their furniture is rubbish and they have no customer service whatsoever - only CSL service! No money back - nothing.

• De
      26th of Mar, 2010

we absolutely agree csl are hell, we bought2armchairs and 3 seater talked into buying £200insurance as well paid£2050 altogether delivery next day when delivery came found we could not fit two armchairs in room asked driver to take it back he foned his office who said if i wanted to send it back it would cost me £200 so disgusting, it had not even been unwrapped we are absolutly disgusted, csl is rubbish at customer services iwould never recemmend them to anyone

24th of Jul, 2010

I too sit on a crappy sofa that CSL would have me beleive I ordered... I think I know what I picked.

I found this link helpful.

• Pa
      26th of Sep, 2010

With all the complaints about DFS and CSL, I would just like to make everyone aware of a fantastic place that give you exactly what you pay for, they will make bespoke and traditional upholstery aswell as reupholster your existing suite.
    They are Waterside Upholstery at Lamberts Mill in Rawtenstall BB4 7NX.
    They are exeptional and within the Rossendale Valley they have a fantastic reputation and you will not have a complaint as their upholstery is wonderful and very well made by themselves, they also carry the ROM designer range which again is beautiful furniture.
    You have seen the complaints about the big boys so pop along to Waterside and like us you will be really pleased with your new furniture.
    Thankyou Waterside for giving us just what we chose in our own selected fabrics.