CrystalVision / Unauthorized billing

They got my number from Broderbund web site order I think. They called me three times, which is harassment. I was informed their website offered big discounts. They talked me into a 30 day membership for $20 and a $20 credit to use on products on their web site. The products on their website were outdated (windows98 software), inferior and prices were higher than Walmart or similar stores. The credit could only be used on certain items. They have a limited products. I couldn't find a single thing I wanted.

Then a couple of weeks later when checking my credit card statement I see they charged me $70. For what I don't know. But my credit card company cant do anything. They said even if I closed the account Crystalvision could still charge me.

Comments

• Ms
      9th of Oct, 2009

I had the same experience. I assumed when they told me the offer was from a partner company of Broderbund, it was legit. After falling for it and having my debit card charged with several unauthrized charges, (and finding it as useless as this poster says), I found out it IS Broderbund! What a rip! Luckily, I filed fraud charges against them and my bank gave me my money back. They've been fined in California and other states for their fraudulent practices. Hang up on these people. Like my dad always says "no body never gave away nothin'" (which isn't proper English, but sure is true!).

• Pe
      4th of Dec, 2009

My experience was exactly the same. They called and called and called until I finally answered. I fell for the trial period offer and then failed to call and cacel in time to avoid a relationship with this company. I should have known I would do that because I did it before and vowed to never fall for it again. As the saying goes, fool me twice, shame on me.

I was told there was a "one time fee" and that no other charges would ever be incurred by me for the membership. I received a CD with several files on it, which I thought were catalogs, or software that would make their website pop open on every launch of the Internet, or something that would infect my computer with malware, so I didn't intall it. These continued to come in the mail, which made me think that they were really desperate for me to put this on my computer. I didn't know they were charging me for them until they racked up $140 in withdrawals from my account (too busy/stupid to check bank statements carefully). They won't refund my money. I wonder whether I could file a fraud charge against them here in my state... just what I need is something else to do.

My advice to anyone considering CrystalVision: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

17th of Jul, 2010

YES, YES, YES- STAY AWAY FROM CRYSTAL VISON AT ALL COSTS- EVERYTHING ALL OF THESE INDIVIDUALS ARES SAYING IS TRUE- THOSE PEOPLE'S EXPERIENCES ARE THE SAME AS MINE- WORD FOR WORD- WAS LUCKY ENOUGH- HAVE A GREAT CREDIT CARD COMPANY THAT REVERSED MOST OF THE CHARGES