Crunchless Abs / Bad service

PO Box 8349Van Nuys, CA, United States Review updated:
Six months ago I ordered a workout video on their website. I waited and waited for it to arrive. I saw the charge show up on my credit card, but still had not received my order. The next month I saw another charge show up on my credit and I still had not received any merchandise.

I sent an email and received a response that they would send me the video I ordered and credit my card for the other charge. Nothing arrived.

Finally after 2 months I called their customer service and asked again for a credit to my card and they agreed to do this within 7 days. I waited 7 days. Nothing happened.

I called my credit card company and began dispute proceedings.

Every month for the last 6 months Crunchless Abs charges my card. Sometimes it's for 19.99 and sometimes it's for 47.00. Every month I call their customer service and ask that they stop charging me and I again call my credit card company and dispute the charge.

I sent an email to their customer service and told them if they did not stop this fraudulent behavior I would start reporting them to every agency and outlet at my disposal.

I believe they are an Internet scam and should be put out of business.
Va

Comments

Ss
  22nd of Sep, 2008
The company did the same thing to me! I asked that charges be stopped and even received a confirmation number canceling my order. They continued charging my credit card and claimed it was a "continuity charge". After threatening to report them for fraud and unauthorized use of my credit card, they said they would issue a credit. Never happened. Every week I contacted them and each time I was told they would immediately put through a credit (for a higher amount each time), but never followed through. I ended up having to dispute the charges with my credit card company.
Fa
  3rd of Oct, 2008
Same thing happened to me! First time I have ever ordered anything off of the TV and now the LAST! They charge me every week! First 19.99 and now 26 dollars every wed or thursday. I had to start a claim against them and thank goodness Bank of America has been so helpful. They gave me a temporary credit while they investigate the matter. I called each time and was assured everything would be taken care of. They gave me confirmation numbers and it was the same woman each time. Rowina...ugh. Hopefully it will be over soon. OH and to add insult to ingury...the videos are VHS. I dont have a VHS...ridiculous
Mu
  10th of Feb, 2009
OMG - same thing happened to me today. I bought one freaking DVD and got signed up on a program I knew nothing about. I had to call today and got a csr named brian - i asked to speak with his supervisor but of course, the supervisor was busy. I ended up talking to this guy as though he were mentally defective in order to get him to understand i had no interest in a program and did not want to be charged for anything else, ever. Heaven help them if i get charged again next month. If so, i'll go directly to my credit union and dispute it.
Sa
  13th of Feb, 2009
2-13-09 I have not been reading good things about this. SO I checked into it & the people who have ordered from this Co. They are right. You have to read the fine print. Well I just want what was advertised & not enroll. So punched in Crunchless Abs if you look you will see Amazon carries the CrunchlessAbs-6 10 min. workouts for $19.99 plus shipping & handling. SO I thought I'll think about it well I went grocery shopping Friday night (2-6-09) & to my amaze @ Wal-Mart Supercenter in my small town of Cassville, MO they had it on the shelf along with Bender Ball. So I picked up this Crunchless Abs 6-10 min. workouts on 2 DVDs for $19.98 plus tax.
I am looking forward to trying this & see if it works.
So if you want to try it for little money & no contract with the Co. this is the way to do it. Check your Super Center or go to Amazon. Even Amazon carries other Crunchless Abs DVD's. This is easier on our wallets.
When you look in Wal-Mart where I found the TV only products was by a cash register by the book section.
Good Luck to all.
Si
  20th of Feb, 2009
I am a VERY careful shopper online to make sure I'm not roped into something I don't want. I ordered Crunchless Abs, being very careful (online) to watch their marketing ploys to get you to purchase more and more DVDs. So, my first shipment comes and everything is fine.

Then you start receiving auto shipments that you didn't sign up for. I printed my receipts and read the papers that came with the first shipment. NOTHING indicates you have just enrolled in automatic shipments. The two DVDs I just got were $50. Ridiculous!

I'm SO sick of infomercials doing this sneaky back door marketing crap.

So, I call the 800# listed on the paper inside my shipment. I am on hold for 30 minutes waiting for a live person! Hey, I've a headset jerks, I'll wait it out!

I attempt to be very polite with this person that finally anwers. She proceeds to try and coax me into keeping my autoshipment... free shipping, blah blah blah. I mean, just how many abs workout videos does one need from ONE lady! She basically talks to me like I'm stupid and clearly missed that I'm in autoship.

Watch out! These infomercial freaks will stick it to you! I had a similar problem with Tony Little and all his products. They are incredibly pushy, rude and obnoxious!

If you cancel your autoshipment, write down the name of the person you talk to and ask for your cancellation/confirmation number. If you don't ask, they won't give it to you!

I'm done ordering through infomercial 800# or websites. No wonder these companies are all over the news with customers who are suing them for false advertisement and marketing cons!

"If your customers are happy, they will tell their friends. If your customers are UNHAPPY, THEY WILL TELL EVERYBODY!"
Gi
  24th of Feb, 2009
I ordered the DVD's as well and can't seem to get anyone on the phone to cancel my next order.

This organization has very bad customer service. All they are interested in is making a quick buck and not worry about anything else.

I will dispute the most recent charge on my credit card and go to the mat on this if I have to.

This is no way of doing business and staying in business!!!
Ha
  28th of Feb, 2009
Crunchless ABS is a SCAM...RUN from them. They are sneaky, liars, underhanded, and criminal. They were all eager and available to take your order 24 hours a day but NOT available to cancel or respond. They are a rip off and should be reported to everyone thinking about doing business with them. I did not know I had signed up for multiple DVD's...I hadn't even played the first one when I got another shipment - boy, was I PISSED and SURPRISED. I am going to do everything in my power to let people know about this SCAM.
Rs
  9th of Mar, 2009
I so totally AGREE... I was scam'd as well. I ended up having to cancel a card on my account just to stop the charges from continuing month after month. This business should be closed and/or stopped from benig able to con good people out of hard earned money!!!
Li
  10th of Mar, 2009
I also ordered crunchless abs for $19.95 + sh one time offer . Received what I ordered. Thent a month later received another shipment for $79.95 which I did not order. Saw the automatic payment on my account. Called to cancel. The girl gave me a cancellation number. Next month saw another charge for $19.95 on account atomatically taken out. Called again. This time she said it was for the monthly dues for joining that I oweed before I cancelled. By this time I was really miffed. Told her to never send anthing again or take money out of my account. Feed up with these ifo commercials. Will never order from them again.
Al
  16th of Mar, 2009
Purchased one DVD and an additional unauthorized DVD was charged to my credit card. Both DVDs returned with RMA 024743 per company's instructions. Credit received for one DVD but not the more expensive unauthorized order. Unable to resolve via telephone or e-mail. Now company is ignoring me. The company enrolled me in a "continuity program" which I did not agree to nor was I aware of when I place 1st order.
Vi
  2nd of Apr, 2009
Ordered the Crunchless Abs Video, then came home from vacation to find another charge to my account. Called the company and got an RMA number. Now I find out they will not send a return shipping label and will credit my account the 6 dollars it will take to send back. I spoke to an agent when I ordered this product in length and there was no mention of additional product let alone the high price per month. My biggest concern is that since I have given this company my credit card info I have had several marketing people contact me and they already have my credit card info. It must have come from Crunchless Abs because I have not used this card for any other service. I now have to go into my account daily to be sure that there are not charges I am unaware of.
Ti
  5th of Apr, 2009
I ordered Crunchless Abs and read everything very carefully. I got the product and it was not for me. I have lower back pain, so I need very low impact ab workouts. This is anything but that. So I said for $9.99, ok fine. Well, I get charged the next month for $26.99. I did not receive anything additional. I called right away and cancelled. I was told I would be refunded as soon as they got back the shipment. I told them I did not receive a shipment of anything. I am now 3 months later and I am charged another $19.99, and still have not received anything after the first shipment. I called them immediately and told them, I do not want them charging my account any further and I want my refunds NOW! So, I had to speak to a supervisor, and she agreed to refund me. I keep checking my account daily, and I receive one refund of $6.99 and one of $19.99, so they still have $20.00 for NOTHING!! They should not even be in business! Tina in Florida
Ti
  5th of Apr, 2009
Mj
  7th of Apr, 2009
Same thing happened to me with crunchless abs. I ordered, paid for, and received one DVD. The shipment was slow, but I got it eventually and everything was fine. Then I had an autopayment deducted from my account, and because I did not have the money in my checking account to cover it I also had overdraft fees. I called and canceled the autoshipment and got a cancelation number. I returned the product on March 14th 2009. Then I had another payment of $19.99 deducted from my account. I called again the person told me that they had not received my return yet, but I would get a full refund when they got it. It is now April 7th and I have not recieved any money back yet!
Ta
  6th of Oct, 2009
I purchased Crunchless Abs a few months ago. The original bill was charged to my account then, I recently found another $26.99 charge on my credit card. I immediately canceled my card and ordered another and plan to call the company to have them refund this money. Like others on this site, I never authorized any additional charges. I plan to also report this to the Minnesota Attorney General to have them research this company - and hopefully sue the crap out of them!