Crunch Fitness / friends experience

Christopher Lea
1 hr ยท
Racism At Crunch @crunchfitnes

Hello Friends,

I am asking your assistance in spreading awareness about my recent experience at Crunch fitness Hamilton Downtown (city centre). I have tried with no luck to contact their head office. Hopefully this post will get someones attention.

My experience on October 22, 2018 is an unfortunate reminder that even as a born and raised Hamiltonian, I still have to be reminded that above all I am just a black man.

On October 22, 2018 I went to work out at crunch fitness with my two friends as we always do. During our workout I was approached in an aggressive manner by the GM (Shane or Shawn) to put weights away. My friends and I informed the GM that we were not the last to use the weights; at which he walked away. I felt singled out because I was in a group of three and he only approached me.

5 minutes later He approached me again for a second time. This time with an ultimatum to put the weights away or leave. So I allowed him to follow me to my locker to get my stuff and leave.

The next day I called the Upper James location and the person at the desk said I was not welcomed at any Crunch Fitness in Hamilton with no explanation as to why.

I have never felt so humiliated, disrespected, demeaned and degraded in my entire life. I did not want to tell anyone of my experience because I was so embarrassed. I tried to contact Crunch fitness head office with no luck. My two friends wrote emails to the head office with no response. Therefore, I take this as as Crunch as an organization not caring about my feelings or even wanting to hear my side and my two witnesses side of the story.

So, I thought I'd publicly still share my side of the story.

Te