Crunch Fitness / steal people's money
144 West 38th Street
New York, Ne 10018 US
I was a member of crunch fitness for 6 months in 2006. I cancelled my membership due to a medical condition, providing the requisite doctor's note, as requested by crunch on 12-22-06. Or at least I thought I cancelled.
Crunch's billing department apparently didn't get the memo. In May of 2007 Crunch began debiting the amount of monthly membership dues from my account despite the fact that I was NO LONGER A MEMBER. This went on from May until July of 2007. Finally, and thank god, I lost my wallet. Therefore changing my debit card # so crunch couldn't take anymore of my hard earned money.
Upon realization of the fact that they were stealing money from my bank account, I attempted to contact both the AGT Crunch Acquisition LLC based out of chicago to rectify this and also reached out to the local crunch. Quite a frustrating experience.
It was like deja vu every time I called the national group out of Chicago. I explained my situation and how I had cancelled long ago and they owed ME money but somehow I never received calls back, nor did I get my money back--at this point, over $200.
The local crunch assistant manager must have been the one to finally get me some relief. I threatened to go to the BBB, https://www.complaintsboard.com AND file a complaint with the consumer division of the NY AG's office as well as go to the local media...that finally got his attention.
Crunch finally credited my bank account the money they owed me BUT THEY FREAKIN STARTED SENDING BILLS AND COLLECTIONS NOTICES AGAIN!!!
My hell has started again and I'm going on a blitz until this is over and done and they stop trying to steal people's hard earned cash.
More Crunch Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- Crunch Fitness - Chicago, IL - gym or pick pockets 
- Crunch Fitness - unauthorized credit card charges 
- Crunch Fitness - refund - cancelled membership
- Crunch Gym - billing harassment 
- Crunch Fitness Gym - Hialeah - cancellation
- Crunch Fitness - the gym environment, non qualified staff, and ridiculous manager
- Crunch Fitness - music in gym
- Crunch Fitness - unethical behavior
- Crunch Fitness - friends experience 
- Crunch Fitness - cleanliness since past manager we're let go