CRS, Inc - LSS, Inc. / Door-to-Door Fraud

United States, Texas, Aubrey Review updated:
LSS, Inc
4800 Hwy 377 S
On January 20th, 2009 I was visited by a young man pitching magazine subscribtions as part of a college competitions for a trip to cancun. It seemed to be legit and he was very calm and social to me. I had purchased 2 subscriptions totaling $86.00, and was told to expect them in a 6 to 8 weeks.

Well the time has come and gone, so I checked my receipts to find minimal contact information on the company that distributes the orders for the magazines. After doing so digging online I discovered the great many people all over the country that have also paid without ever receiving their subscriptions.

The young man that visited me had the alias of "Ward Haynes", and looks exactly like a Mr. Thomas Ray Kintigh whom which was/is apart of a group notorious for this type of scam. You can read up on them being caught in Oregon here: http://www.katu.com/news/local/6886217.html

In fact in a forum here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/296957-magazine-scam-back-3.html They discuss these very people and also make the same deduction of being visited by someone that looks like Thomas Kintigh, but listed his name on the reciept as Ward Haynes.

To get to the point I just wanted to give warning to others not to purchase any subscription from a door to door salesperson, and if you see someone that looks like whom I've linked, call the police. Ultimately I blame myself for not reading the fine print on the receipt stating "We are not affiliated with any local High School or College".

I don't know the extent of CRS / LSS inc.'s involvment, as they are hard to get a hold of. I did come across this number online [protected], and will be calling it tomorrow to see if they can give me some input on that matter.

CRS, Inc - LSS, Inc.

N  11th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
My name is Bonnie and I wanted to write to you and let you know that the pictures you have posted are not Ward Haynes. He is an actual person that I worked with selling magazines. We recently found out that 30% of people got there subscriptions but the others did not. Please do not blame Ward and the other kids they are all very honest good hearted people that have been caught in a scam that they didn't know was a scam theirselves.
A  3rd of Jun, 2012 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Well why is this guy still scamming people out of money then? I recently been caught up in this scam as I ordered 90 US Weekly Magazines for $104.00. I ordered them on 02/04/2012 and have not yet got them. The customer service phone number is always busy or disconnected and the BBB gives them an F rating. If someone knocks on your door and they sell for CRS inc or go by the name "Ward Hayness" call the police immediately.