Crowne Plaza Rosebank South Africa / Prize not honoured

1 South Africa Review updated:

In August 2009 my family stayed at this hotel and won accommodation vouchers in their birthday promo. We were told that we could stay anytime and simply make a booking and present our voucher on check in. I did this. We arrived on Saturday 20th Feb at 3pm. I was told on check in by Duty manager Thabi Mabille that the vouchers which were signed by the old GM would not be accepted by the new GM Joseph Schmid because it was a rule that he made. I then asked her to call the GM and she said he was in a conference and that she couldnt do anything. She simply refused to help and it was the most embarrasing event in my life. I drove over a 100km to this hotel only to be turned away even though I won accommodation here. I will not accept this . I will be contacting the press as well as IHG head office shortly. Mr Schmid what you have done to my family and I is not forgivable. You are a disgrace. You turned me away...and yes I am a priority club member...a humiliated member...

Es

Comments

Dear Mr Salot,

Thank you for your frank and direct feedback.

This unfortunate incident is most regrettable and the fault is indeed entirely mine:
    The vouchers were erroneously printed without validity dates and without applicable terms & conditions and in addition I had been misinformed about the validity of the voucher.

These grave oversights lead to the inexcusable experience you and your family encounter at our fine hotel.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience and allow me to present you and your family with this humble gesture of goodwill –

A complimentary two-night week end stay in a King Suite (with an adjacent room for the family - if required)
    + including breakfast at Fresh Restaurant
    + including a complimentary 40 minutes spa treatment for 2
    + including dinner for 4 persons at the renown Butcher Block restaurant.
    Please note: This offer is valid for 3 months [may be extended by mutual agreement] and subject to availability.

Please make the booking via e-mail directly to my office.

I am well aware that this gesture does in no way undo the embarrassing experience you and your family were exposed to - but we sincerely hope that you will accept our humble apologies and that we will be able redeem our good name.

At your service,

Josef Schmid • General Manager • Crowne Plaza Johannesburg – The Rosebank
    Mobile +27 79 890 8321 • Office +27 11 448 3610 • Fax 086 636 2475
    Switchboard +27 11 448 3600 • Email:gm@therosebank.co.za
    Reservations Email: reservations@therosebank.co.za • Website www.therosebank.co.za

22nd of Feb, 2010

Apology and offer accepted. Thank you.

22nd of Feb, 2010

Offer accepted. Thank you. Looking forward to giving crowne plaza a second chance.

22nd of Feb, 2010

Thank you. Looking foward to my stay.