Crown Paradise - The Jewel of Asian Paradise / Did not fullfill contract signed

1 Malaysia Review updated:

Word of caution - Do not solicit with this company:-

Company name - Crown Paradise (time sharing / vacation rentals)
Owner - Elite Odyssey Sdn Bhd
Location - Lot A9-3A, Jln Selaman 1/1, Dataran Palma, 68000 Ampang, Selangor.
Web: www.mycrownparadise.com/main.htm

I received a call from this company trying to sell me "time sharing" holiday packages. I visited the place and was told that I can invest in the membership and use it, or I can opt for money back with interest in 1 year. I opt for the money back in 1 year with interest.

We signed the papers indicating my option, and this was sent for stamping.

Upon maturity, I called up to cash in my investment, but was told that the company did not managed to invest my money and that I will have to wait for another 3 months. I waited. The whole process took me 2 years to complete before I got back my money.

Things I've done :-
1) Many phone calls were made, and you get unanswered calls, promises to return calls which never happens, change of hands, passing you around, etc
2) I need to visit the place 4 times before I can get back my money.

Why?
Why are we subject to this hassle? You have to keep all the records for 2 years and running up and down, remembering to call them and to spend time visiting them and get angry with them. Its as though i'm financing their company just for their interest.

Note:
I got my money back, but with much unnecessary hassle.
Do not invest your money with them. They are very nice while accepting your money, but turned otherwise when its time to pay up.

Has anyone encountered similar problems with this company?

Comments

• Nh
      27th of Aug, 2009

Totally agreed. The same way they use to treat all their calls, the tactics they use is to put you on hold for hours until you give up to call them . If you do call them again after they put you on hold for hours, no one will answer your call even if you keep redial for another hours non-stop. ( They seems to know you are the one calling because they put you on hold and never bother to talk to you ) .

They will also tell you that now is their lunch break and the online computer system is off if you call them from 12pm to 2.30pm ( Bull ### man, only stupid people will off the online service during lunch break, furthermore they claim that they are handling worldwide holiday reservation. How?)

They will also ask you to call back as the things you request is in the process, you call back and call back...the same things will repeat and repeat until you frustrated.

I got a call from Mr. John asking me to attend their talk for 20 mins. After the talk no obligation to sign up anything and to aprreciate your time, I will be given a free one day stay in local hotel. Voucher will be given after the talk.

After the talk, I am not interested and I took the voucher and go.

The booking for the free stay never become real. I have to call them and fool by them using the above tactics. They even shout at you ( one stupid guy called Faizal ) said it's their lunch break he can not do anything.( They are dying during lunch break ? )

They even tell you that they only service for members, non-members with the free voucher they won't entertaine. When I ask them why are you promising the free voucher from the beginning, just to cheat us to listen to their talk and paid the money to them ?? They will tell you to refer to this and that and end up no one is to answer your question and no one is to responsible for this matter.

If you do receive calls from them CROWN PARADISE, run as far as you can, they are cheating your money and your time. They are under police investigation and BLACKLISTED. ( see the link below under BLACKLISTED )

• Nh
      27th of Aug, 2009

My question is Why a BLACKLISTED company can still operating and cheating the public's money ?????

Where is the authority and what are they doing all this while????????

Someone please do something to shut this company down.

• Tu
      9th of Sep, 2009

Hi everyone, I think I'm the last person who got cheated in this scam. My total amount 6500.00, I was up there at the Crown Paradise today at about 4pm, found they're closed. I've made a police report today at 8pm, was asked to wait for phone call from the Ampang Station. Tried calling Citibank, but they asked to refer to Turbinal Council. Found at their mailbox, as attached files.

Dear Deric,

Maybe this info can help us all?

• Jl
      10th of Sep, 2009

Forwarded messages :

Damn it! i went to her office today and it was closed! Known her for quite sumtimes.. in the year 2004 i guess, way back b4 she start the business. I did their Advertising and promotion. website.. their company profile, their booklet for the members.. the poster u all saw in her office.. Even register their license with Kementerian Dalam Negeri (KDN), Trademark their logo with Msian Intelectual Property.

They were no scam at 1st, but i guess bcause of the financial crisis. Thats why its hard to get my final payment RM9000. Kept pushing her! With phone call and smses. But last month i met her in the office, she wanna do 10 more posters. She said for her new office in Sentul/Jalan Ipoh. Do anyone aware of this? Maybe we can go and hunt her down at her new office!!

• Jl
      11th of Sep, 2009

Hi dhoo6995 and TK Lim,

The attachment was from Tuborg, not me...I can't see too

• Ha
      12th of Sep, 2009

Hi, i'm one of the victims too. Joint since 2007, lost RM4, 900. Got to know from TM that they have suspended the telephone lines cos didn't pay the bills. pls advise how to go for a Consumer Complaints & Claims? I would like to make a police report too.

• Sc
      14th of Sep, 2009

Dear all,

May i know where they moved now?
    since i still waiting for refund, it was pending since last year, i kept chasing them then finally they called me 2 weeks ago and promissed will post me the cheque but until now i never receive any letter from them.Furthermore, thier web site already disappear, i worry they escaped.Please help!!!

SC Toh

• Ca
      17th of Sep, 2009

oh gosh! just got to know the company closed down when try to make a reservation for holiday...can someone pls advise how can we retrieve back the $$$..my email carmen5380@gmail.com

• To
      18th of Sep, 2009

I too feel Ive been cheated. Made a report to the Consumer Claims Tribunal on Sept 2 not knowing that they had ceased operations as mentioned here on Aug 29. No wonder the registered letter sent to their address failed to reach them. I lost RM3360 as I had managed to use 0.6 crowns for accomodation in Sarawak. Lost too much time 'arguing' with Sara and her staff regarding their substandard service.

• Lm
      23rd of Sep, 2009

oh ###! just got to know what had happen to this company. I went to Mahkota Hotel in Malacca on 19th Sept which booked in June(even had confirmation from the Crown Paradise) found out That the Crown Paradise did not paid for the booking therefore I need to paid by my self to make a stay for holiday...can someone pls advise how can we retrieve back the $$$.. adn what I need to now ... my email lmkong2007@gmail.com

• Ya
      2nd of Dec, 2009

Hi all any update of the company, me too pay the package with Maybank credit card last year and now I can contact anyone of them, is anyone can offer some help how to recover our money back?

• Je