Cross Country Van Lines — Lies, lies, and more lies
Wow. This company is almost amazing in how quickly they lie about anything and everything involving your move. Trust nothing they say. But, I discovered it helps if you play along with their lies in order to get some money back from them. Which they only do thanks to the federal government setting time limits for things like this. They lied three times about delivery for us, telling us our stuff would be arriving "today" when the truck was still literally states away. Yes, in their defense, they did give me some money back ($400ish, we paid about $2500ish). But only after I called everyday as the federal guideline approached. They even lied and said they sent a check (must have got lost, right? ha) months ago. I wouldn't believe that for a second. The check was sent the last week it could be sent before I could have brought the feds into the game. But believe me, if you are not the persistent type, this company would happily "forget" to give you any money back. Oh, one more thing - furniture was broken when it arrived, and they damaged our front porch. Don't expect sympathy from the drivers, they hardly speak English and fill your home with smoke scent. Lovely.
Not sure where people had a good experience with this company, I suspect it might be people working for the company leaving the "good" notes here. Considering how dishonest they are, this would make sense. Don't use them.
More Cross Country Van Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Cross Country Van Lines - Sleeping on the floor for a month with 3 small children for a month 
- Cross Country Van Lines - Scam and cheating 
- Cross Country Van Lines - I recommend this company to anyone who is moving 
- Cross Country Van Lines - i will tell all my friends and family 
- Cross Country Van Lines - FANTASTIC PRICE! 
- Cross Country Van Lines - money saver! 
- Cross Country Van Lines - Refused reweigh