Cross Country Van Lines / money saver!

1 East Rutherford, NJ, United States Review updated:

I saved a bunch of money on my move with cross country van lines! They gave me a great discount and they are a great company. I just moved from Paterson, NJ to Brentwood, California. I received a quote for $6500 and $5, 034 from 2 other companies and Cross Country beat those prices and i owund up paying $2, 599. for my move. They were very friendly and accomodating. I'm very glad, i found this company who worked me to save me money and give me a good move. Thanks, Jake

Ja

Comments

16th of Jun, 2009

When I read excellent comments like this, it wonders me why a positive review is here when this is a board for complaints. Also, why are there more positive titles than negative ones in a complaint board? The norm is that there are always more negative posts than positive ones, especially when you're dealing with low cost services.

In my opinion, the positive quotes are done by people related to this company.

I have no problem if you disagree with my opinion, but I think everyone should stay clear away from these types of moving companies.

• Ih
      10th of Sep, 2009

Jake is a liar, Jake is a liar -

Read other reviews and judge for yourself!

• Su
      23rd of Feb, 2010

Cross Country Van Lines is a terrible moving company with a poor history. The company is rated “F” by the Better Business Bureau (www.complaint.bbb.org). Please read complaints posted on the internet. This company’s poor customer service has created a lot of hardships for people who trusted them over that last for years. Complaints regarding this company can be found at the following sites, keyword search “CROSS COUNTY VAN LINES”.

www.thesqueakywheel.com
    /link removed/
    www.complaint.bbb.org
    www.pissedconsumer.com
    www.yelp.com

Also, the following is from the U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website (www.protectyourmove.gov/about/news-releases/fmcsa0205.htm). In 2005, Cross County Van Lines, LLC, of Ridgefield, NJ was assessed civil penalties of $7, 500 for multiple violations of Federal Motor Carrier Commercial Regulations. Specifically, Cross Country Van Lines FAILED to follow the loss and damage claims procedures; FAILED to provide a summary of its complaint and inquiry program and a summary of its dispute settlement program; FAILED to prepare orders for service in the prescribed form and manner; FAILED to prepare bills of lading in the prescribed form and manner; and FAILED to obtain weight tickets in the prescribed form and manner.