Cross Country Van Lines / Refused reweigh

East Rutherford, NJ, United States Review updated:
3.75
I used Nationwide Relocation for the second time to move from Boston to California. They contracted the move to Cross Country Van Lines. The beginning of the move went well, but when they told me that I was 800 pounds more than my previous move minus 3 pieces of furniture, I requested a reweigh. The broker company said they spoke to the movers who stated the nearest weight station to the destination was 60 miles away and advised me to call the movers directly to set up a time to meet. I called 1.5 weeks before the delivery to set-up a time. I spoke to Ralph, the supervisor, who stated he never received a call from the broker. I called back with the broker on the line, where he continued to state that the nearest weight station for 60 miles away and tried to convince me against the reweigh. I stated I still wanted the reweigh and the broker said I had a right to it, she also told me that she checked and the nearest weight station was 7 miles away. I called again a couple days before the delivery and there was still a runaround. Then the day of the delivery, they told me to wait to schedule to reweigh and then the movers were at my door with my stuff. The mover refused to reweigh because of the traffic. I was on the phone with the broker at this time and the movers stated that if I didn't give him the payment he was going to leave with my stuff. I eventually caved since I was tired of sleeping on an air mattress for 1.5 weeks, but the mover were lazy and didn't even want to put together my desk which they had taken apart before and didn't seem to care that legs for the table were missing (eventually they were found). Ralph said I didn't give him enough time to schedule and I replied "1.5 weeks isn't enough time?" The broker said they would reimburse me $200 for the hassle.

My advice is to make sure the broker doesn't use Cross Country Van Lines or go with them to the weight station in the beginning.
Em

Comments

An
  22nd of Apr, 2009
i totally disagree!!! i used nationwide to book my move and i used cross country llc and i am completely satisfied with the job they did!
Ih
  10th of Sep, 2009
Andrew is full of it, people. Why would a customer go to a complaints board rather than a regular review board to tell you that her service was great? That doesn't even make sense. These POS are SO unbelievably stupid. No wonder they work in the moving industry and scam you - uneducated, low class foreigners who were sucking from the Mother Teat or Russia or whatever crappy communist system they hail from. They are not even SmART enough to figure out that if you offer solid service, you get solid reviews. Instead, they'd rather do a half ### job but then they take the time to write great reviews on themselves.

Man, no wonder America is so great - these foreign POS can't compete intellectually with us.