Cross Country Savings (Adaptive Marketing LLC) / Persistent Fraudulent Charges

United States Review updated:
Last month my bank notified me of a cluster of questionable charges (from $1-$15) on my credit

card account. These charges came from "CrossCountrySavings", "DealMax", "SimplyYou",

"AtHomeRewards" and "YourSavingsClub". My bank immediately canceled the account and issued

another with different numbers. After investigation, my bank concurred that the transactions

were fraudulent and reversed the charges.

We thought all was well - we thought wrong.

Today I checked my new account and found multiple charges from the same companies (now at $29.95

each). My bank has again canceled our account and issued another card - investigations are again

pending. My bank recommended I file charges with the local police, the Federal Trade Commission

and the three Federal Credit Bureaus. After some frustrating research I learned the following:

1) CrossCountrySavings, DealMax and SimplyYou are subsidiaries of "Adaptive Marketing LLC".
2) AtHomeRewards and YourSavingsClub are subsidiaries of "MemberWorks Canada".
3) Adaptive Marketing LLC and MemberWorks Canada are subsidiaries of "Vertrue Incorporated".
4) Each organization employs similarly evasive website formats and legal policies.

As these organizations apparently have access to my account information even when accounts are

closed and numbers are changed, it is likely that the Vertrue business model is based on identity

theft. Information for the organizations involved follows:

Vertrue Incorporated

www.athome-rewards.com

Comments

So
  11th of Jul, 2009
I am going through this same problem now, with the same companies you listed above...I ordered a game for my son through gamefly, and deviously there was and attached page stating I need to check box to authorize debit...I thought it was gamefly...well, next thing I know, a bunch of 1.00 holds are on my account. I just cancelled my card and my bank is issuing a new card...but my question to you is...was that your bank account number they got ahold of or the card...Because If it was the card, how would they get the new card number that was issued to you?
Mu
  14th of Jan, 2010
My law firm is investigating potentially fraudulent credit card charges from Intelius.com, Adaptive Marketing, and numerous of their services, including “24 Protect Plus”; “At Home Rewards Plus”; “Passport to Fun Plus” “Business Max”; “Identity Protect”; “Premier health Plus”; “Privacy Matters”; “Privacy Matters 123”; “Privacy Matters Credit”; “Privacy Matters Identity”; “SavingSmart”; “Shopping Essentials Plus”; “Simply You”; “Today’s Escapes Plus”; and “ValueMax.”

If you believe that you have been scammed, please contact me. Our communications will be confidential.

Gregory Frank
Murray, Frank & Sailer LLP
InteliusMarketing@murrayfrank.com
(212) 682-1818
Ca
  20th of Oct, 2010
I am going through this same problem now, with the same companies you listed above...I never ordered a game or anything. and now my daughter had a bunch of 12.99 billed on her credit card account. She just cancelled her card and the bank is issuing a new card...but my question to you like the 1st person asked? was that your bank account number they got a hold of or the card. Because I want to know how would they get the new information on the card number that was issued to you? I am applying to life lock for her.