Cross America Health Plans / Unpaid Claims

1 NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866.302.7332

I purchased insurance through this company and every time a claim is submitted, the say they never received it. I finally gathered all the claims from my doctors and sent them via overnight mail with a signature required. when I had not recv'd payment in a month, I called and again they claimed not to have received them. When I told them that I had proof of their receipt, the lady called me back and said they had received the claims but no benefits would be paid. I paid premiums for over a year and did not have even one claim paid by this company. I now find that this company is an agent for another insurance company, American Medical Life Insurance Company (AMLI) and when I called them to complain, I just got the run around. I have finally filed a complaint with the Dept of Insurance and am waiting to see what they will do now. My claims are now 8 months old and I am being turned over to a collection agency.

Ed

Comments

Pr
  30th of Mar, 2010

Cross America health and National Congress Employer sucks.They fool you by selling insurance at lower rate, but actually they charged you higher amount and no customer Service.
Customer service sucks, after calling 20 times, they might returned your call.
Please don't buy insurance from these company they are cheater and lots of cases are going against them.

Ro
  6th of Jun, 2010

These crooks (AMLI, NY New York) did exactly the same thing to me. My legitimate claims are over four months old, and NOBODY in the AMLI system will address the problem, even though I had the State of Florida send a letter to them asking what is going on. I read in another post that there is a class action suit against AMLI...WE MUST GET INFORMATION about this and join the suit. If anybody has info. on this suit, please post it. Thanx!

As
  16th of Jun, 2010

I am running into the same problem. I just received a bill for a service rendered over 3 yrs ago that was a post-delivery visit and they are just now telling my Dr office that it is not covered. Now I have a bill being threatened to go to collections as well and I do not understand why. The worst part is that I paid a bill related to the same service a yr ago which I questioned being that it was 2 yrs old but was told that the insurance PAID the remaining balance but I was responsible for a small amount. Now the insurance company is claiming that I am responsible for 100% of it.

Ro
  11th of Feb, 2011

We must spread the word about American Medical Life Insurance Co. of NY!!! Place your complaints with the State Insurance Commission, the TV Stations, the Newspapers, ANYBODY who will hear you!!!

This is a prime example of what will happen when an industry (insurance) has few restrictions to keep them honest, and few laws to protect the people who get ripped off. I was told flat out by the state of florida: "if we can't get them to cooperate & pay the claims, then you will have to sue them privately"!!! THANKS A FREAKING HEAP!!!