Crones and Associates / Scam

1 US Review updated:

In November I hired Crones to survey my home. They called and said what day they were coming out. They then came out a second time without notice, and left the back gate to my home open. My dog got out of the fence and was hit by a car. I called the company and left a message saying what had happened. They never returned my call. I then received a call from a neighbor that had her property surveyed by a different company and their stakes did not match Crones, and they stated that Crones would not return their calls. I was originally going to have my property subdivided, but decided I did not want to go any further with the project, and had assumed that the project was complete since I had already paid the company close to $3, 000. Six months later, after never hearing if the property line issue had been resolved I received an almost $2000 bill from Crones. I stated that I was not going to just hand out money if they were not going to explain these charges, and that I was unhappy with their company because I never received an apology for my dog or a return call on the property line discrepancy. I received an email from the owner of the company on June 15th stating that he was going to put a lien on my property that day if I did not pay them and that they had a picture of the gate being closed (which was a picture of the front gate, not the back gate which is the one that was left open). That they had been falsely accused and deserved an apology, and that it would be irresponsible to leave my dog on the site with work being done (which they never called to say they were coming out that day to do work.), and that they "can not be held responsible for watching dogs in the performance of their job duties." He also stated in his email that "I strongly resent your attempts to hold our company responsible or to use that loss to justify not paying for services rendered." I never stated that that is why I did not want to pay his company. I only stated that I wanted to know exactly what I was paying for, which he failed to ever mention. I will be paying the company today to avoid a lien on my house. I know that this company has been to court several times before because as the owner stated in his email "I have yet to have a survey or survey opinion overturned in court." He was very quick to start talking about court and lawyers, when I had never even mentioned it. I am now considering receiving reconciliation for the loss of my dog through means of court.

Ge

Comments

• Ck
      Feb 26, 2015

As a Land surveyor myself I can understand both positions. Most boundary surveys will require field work that needs to be reviewed for accuracy once the crew returns to their office. Its completely normal for a survey crew to show up a second or even a third time to complete the survey. The company probably should have told you all that would/may be required in order to complete the survey. Did they even know you had a dog initially? I've been to jobs where I didn't even know the client had pets and ended up being chased by a vicious animal while surveying the property, or no pets on the first day and when I came back I noticed they had a dog in the back yard. I am very sorry for your loss though I know exactly how you feel. Lastly, its common for licensed surveyors to appear in court especially when their is a dispute between two neighbors and the surveyor must show proof of accuracy.

• Jd
      Dec 15, 2017

This Claim is a complete lie! The client was trying to get a Short Plat approved themselves, When they discovered the high application and development fees and restrictions imposed by the city they canceled their project. We were hired for surveying and mapping services only, they were managing the proposed project themselves. They demanded all their money back for the surveying services or they would cause us trouble. Nothing we did caused their project to fail, it was their decision. The claim that there was something wrong with the survey is also a complete lie. We have the recorded survey to prove it. The story about the dog only came about after we wouldn't refund her money. We also have a time stamped picture of the last day we were on the site as we were leaving with the husband standing at the gate with the dog by his side. Then the story changed from the front gate to the back gate. In other similar claims she states that her husband was never on site when the crew was there (until we sent the picture). Web sites like this facilitate false accusations for black mail and retaliation purposes with no recourse to have it removed. We have no proof that the dog was actually hit or it was just another fabricated lie to make us look bad. We just know we had nothing to do with it. On other sites like the BBB and Angie's list, where we can make our case the claim has been removed. We have completed almost 8, 000 Projects over 26 years of satisficed customers.