Crocodile Rock / Discrimination!

1 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Arrived with two friends to visit a local bar named Crocidile Rock in Mississauga. The doorman demanded I remove my hat as it is unacceptable attire. I removed my hat then noticed several women with hats on in the club! I decided to put the hat back on and was told shortly once again I must remove it! I informed the bouncer that many women are wearing hats and it didn't seem to be a problem. He informed me it was company policy and women were allowed but men are not!

We decided to leave and were harassed at the door for a fight. Will never return! Very unprofessional! Will also be submitting a complain to the city, The Better Bus Bureau, and a story with the Mississauga News.

Comments

• Je
      26th of Jan, 2008

You Rock,EH? I am a 63 year old senior who rides the Orlando Bus system because my driving license was suspended for medical reasons. It's not easy for me to ride the bus to get groceries and stuff. The people who ride with you....That's another story! Anyway, I started carrying a backpack so I could navigate the system easier and give me a place for necessary stuff and carry my groceries as the plastic bags were cutting into my arthritic hands. Everytime I go into a CVS store or Blockbuster they demand my backpack. Both stores have electronic sensors at the doorways to catch anyone stealing stuff. I have graduated from a walker to a special cane to now being able to walk unassisted. But I am treated as a thief and resent it. Please reply. JS

• Je
      26th of Jan, 2008

Rock, go ahead and try the BBB but be prepared to be dismissed. They get their paychecks from the businesses and no longer help the little guy. Sorry.

26th of Jan, 2008

They are really rude and disrespectful at that club!
    They think they are above the law... sooner or later they will end up with only kids (they dont spend the money either!)

26th of Jan, 2008

And bars being "sued more often for using unnecessary or excessive force than for any other reason" (Canada),[10] substantial costs may be incurred by indiscriminate violence against patrons - though this depends heavily on the laws and customs of the country. Use of force training programs teach bouncers ways to avoid using force and explain what types of force are considered allowable by the courts.[9] Some bars have gone so far as to institute barring physical contact, where bouncers are instructed to ask a drunk or disorderly patron to leave - if the patron refuses, the bouncers call police.[citation needed]

• Mo
      15th of Feb, 2008

Yesterday I paid $400, half for parts and half for about 90 minutes of work, for instaling 3 valves in my bathrooms. this morning I found leak and water damage and I shut one of the valves. when I informed him he said he will come later.
    do I have to pay extra for faulty job correction ?
    does he have to compensate some for trouble ?
    Shoul he not come immediately and take care of faulty installation ?

• Sg
      20th of Jul, 2008

Its simple, Orthodox & conservative Jews MUST wear hats. The club is proboably going for a JEW FREE environment...