CRN / False Advertisement

1 MD, United States Review updated:

Radio advertise free information on government foreclosed homes. Advertised as a "PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT". When call the toll free number, they take all your information and then asks for a credit card number. If you refused, they start getting smart with you. They kept pressuring you for a credit card number.

Comments

12th of Oct, 2010

I thought the cheap houses on their list were at least fixers I could check out, but the info is all made up. The houses on their list have made up prices so you think there are really good deals, but when you call the list agents the prices are way off, like one was list price $33k vs actual price $770k, huge difference. I talked to the consumer department and they said "wow, this is the first time we've ever heard of this" and then they tried to tell me that I'm just getting stuck on prices that are only a starting negotiation price. Like I'm not focusing on the real issue and the list prices aren't supposed to be accurate. It's rediculous, the whole time they keep trying to sign me up for other free trials that cost $30 plus a month. I wasted $2 on this "special list" when the same info is on redfin and zip realty for free and with accurate prices. CRN is a SCAM! Hot props, CRN, consumer resource network, all the same company, all the same scam.