Cricket Wireless / crappy service!

1 SLC, UT, United States Review updated:

I have had a cricket phone for 4 months now. The other day the phone dropped my calls 6 times in a row I tried calling costumer service and the automated system says they are all busy, instead of putting me on hold it cycles through the automated system over and over... Finally I call from my home phone and they pick up I tell them my phone calls were dropped 6 times in a row, this lady meg tells me "your phone service wont drop since you have been paying on time" frigging idiot didn't even listen to my complaint or offer solutions. Then I ask if there was a credit since my bill was lower and she asked why I wanted a credit... Huh?!... I emailed them a month ago asking them to change my service to a smaller plan and taking off phone insurance I never received anything stating they received or accepted my email, I ask the lady if changes were made and they were she sounds snooty now... These people are impossible to deal with! I hate cricket there costumer service is impatient and incompetent. You are better off going with someone else!

Ja

Comments

• Bi
      10th of Jun, 2008

I have had the Cricket Wireless service now for about 4 months, and it has been a living hell! Between dropped calls, incorrect billing information, poor customer service, and even poor phone products my experience with Cricket Wireless has not been a very pleasant one.

To top it all off, the second month I tried to make a payment with my Discover Credit Card over the phone with a Cricket rep, and it turned out that they stole my credit card number and started charging my card for crazy amounts. When I contacted Cricket to help Discover with the investigation the Cricket Wireless rep "could not" give me any information about the person I spoke with over the phone that day. Instead they tried to direct me to a Cricket store to get a call log report from that conversation. How stupid is that? I get my information stolen and Cricket did not do anything to try to help out. I can promise you this, Cricket Wireless will fall in the next few years because of their brand. As a professional brand consultant I am forecasting that Cricket's brand value will drastically plummet. I encourage that all that post negative views of Cricket take action and pursue a local news story. I know that I am in the process of calling all news stations, radios stations, newspapers, and any other public media that I can go onto to share my story of the issues that many of us have faced.

31st of Jul, 2008

Cricket is the worst! It is impossible to get a live person on the phone to talk to you about your account. If you haven't paid a bill, you will NOT get a live person on the phone to talk to about it.

• Ed
      4th of Nov, 2009

dude i totally agree... i went to go pay with my credit card yesterday and they said that the machines were down and to come back tm and extended my pay date 24hrs. and so i went back with cash. they took it and said it was paid.. i checked the web site and they said i still have not paid the bill.. long story short.. they turned my phone off... how am i supposed to prove this when i paid with cash? also i work at a local food store and the lady that works at cricket comes in and has told my other co-workers she does not like me... so i have to wonder if she is just keeping my cash?

• Ri
      9th of Feb, 2010

I have been having so many issues with Cricet. First phone broke had to get another. Second phone just broke and for some reason they have turned off my service twice even though I paid my bill last Thursday. WTF?!?!

• Sp
      27th of Apr, 2010

This is the worst service in the world. You would have better luck screeming out beeps from a hi hill. to another pc then to get the broadband to do anything. If you can get customer service the you are on of the few. Then its a 5% chance they speak english good enuff to understand the word hello. And on the rare change of 1% you may find the only guy in cricket that can and will help you "his name is abbeb" good guy.
    They have that dumb 5g cap so you get 56k for 10 mins and 10k for 29 days 23 hours 50 mins. It alot like talken to 5 year old with computers. You just screem. Take my word for it Save you money get 56k phone if you on a laptop find a wifi spot. This service is by far the dumbest thing i and my wife have ever did in 10 years. So please do not buy cricket broadband less you hate your life.

• Er
      20th of Nov, 2010

I ordered a new phone while out of state. They shipped it to me and at the address that I requested, THEN told me they could not activate it. To make things better, when i tried to activate it, my existing phone was disconnected. Of course, they counldn't re-activate that either. 1 Week til I fly home and NO phone at all. Apparently phones cannot be activated unless you are in your home coverage area. So, even though I had service, they couldn't get my phone to work. Everytime I talked to someone, they pretended like they couldn't hear me anymore... like it was a "bad connection" Then, they would say the same line... "If I cannot hear you, I iwll be forced to end this call" 3 times this happened and they all said the same thing, once I started to lose my temper. Then, it took me 45 minutes just to cancel service. They refused to credit my account for the lost time that I had already paid for, even though I only cancelled one line and still had another phone on the account. (not mine or I would have cancelled it too) I have never been so frustrated or angry with a company in my life. This was just the final straw. Before this, I have struggles with erroneous charges to my credit card each month, internet service that NEVER worked on my phone, rebates that never showed up, and more than 28.45 hours spent on the phone trying to resolve issues with customer service over the 11 months that I used Cricket. Literally hell !!! I thought I was going to have to cancel my credit card to escape. I may still have to. They have never done anything they said they would before, and wouldn't give me a confirmation number for my cancellation.

• Le
      30th of Nov, 2010

uuuuugghhh i hate cricket!!! It sucks working there!!!

• P3
      11th of May, 2011

!!! I HATE CRICKET WIRELESS !!!
    ************************************************************

I have never been really happy with cricket, but I get there phone and service for my children. I have always had issues wih there inconsistently billing. Issue with the face that my children are sent offers to activate services, and they do. When I have complained they gave me a number to text to STOP these offers, all ### because they continue. I have call and stated not to activate services without my permission, and have provided passwords, absolutely USELESS. Whenever I hav decided to upgrade phones for them, purchasing OH! never a problem, but activating these phones are a NIGHTMARE. They always manager to break the billing for these phones apart I get 3 seperate bill, or the due date is changed for one or the other line. When I call for assistance, most of the time they don't listen, they are constantly spewing retoric and NOT LISTENING. I have had many of the INDIAN call center reps pretend to not hear me and disconnect or many of them are very sarcastic and consistently repeat "DID I SAY THAT?, NO I SAID..." When I address them asking what is there reason for being sarcastic and rude, they respond they are not being rude, "THESE CALLS ARE BEING RECORDED!. Well who the heck do they believe reviews these so called recordings? Mentally Impaired Supervisors. I have again ordered upgraded phones, which I dread, because everytime without fail, the same darn drama. It never fails I have to plan ahead to countless hours and days on the phone to even get the phones activated. Here I am now 2 weeks with 2 new phones I have yet to be able to activate, why? Because they tell me my account is locked, they never know why, they will sescalate the issue, someone will call me back in 24-48 hours. Every 2 days I have call again, only to find out my account it still locked, they yet again will escalate. This is an on going circle. I will be damned if they think they are going to bill me for a whole month of service when I can't even use the phones I cannot get activate.

**********************************************************
    !!! I HATE CRICKET WIRELESS !!!

• El
      14th of Dec, 2012

Very well stated! I agree 100%. I couldn't have said it better myself. You forgot to mention that customers have to trick the system in order to speak with a live person. Also the fact that they don't give a damn about losing your business. Also if your phone happens to get disconnected... Your on your own until you pay your bill. The system shuts you out. And don't even try to call from other phone... They got that covered too.lol.. You have to put in your cricket number in order to move forward.. Once the system recognize your number...your back at square 1. On last note.. The payment system (3rd party) insurance (3rd party, but thats common). Don't even think about going to a full service store..lmbo.. 4 hour wait easily. But thats a whole other story. If you can afford to pay that extra $10 per month.. Do IT!! Small price to pay for your sanity. Because you will go insane dealing with cricket.

• Of
      22nd of Dec, 2015

If you are thinking of changing to cricket trust me if I say don't do it after 6 hours and a couple of customer service calls I am ready to forfeit the money I paid for the month and I am trashing the SIM card to confirm this, it is Dec 22 2015 my cricket phone number is 14702581335 and it will go to voice because I won't be using it for the month.A bad start to this company is my experience