Cricket Wireless / rebate scam

San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 210-371-0279

I needed a new phone and had been with cricket for 3 years..A rebate for $100.00 was offered if I purchased the new phone for $199.00 plus tax..the rebate would take 45 days to be sent to me..In order to take advantage of the rebate i was told I would have to change my number otherwise I would have to pay full price of $259...i agreed.This was april 2, 2010...I was then given the rebate form and noticed the rebate was only good until march 31, 2010...I was told the new rebate forms for april were not in and that i was to fill the form out..send it and I would receive my rebate...a couple weeks later I got a letter from the rebate office stating the rebate was declined because the phone was bought outside the rebate date!! I went to the store and complaine..they said they would call me the next day...no call..I went on the following day and was told my paperwork was forwarded to the rebate office and i should receive it within 2-3 weeks..I called the rebate office and they told me i was being lied to at the cricket store...I am FILING A LAWSUIT against cricket for FRAUDULANT BUSINESS PRACTICES, SCAMMING AND MISLEADIND CUSTOMERS...If anyone has been scammed and would like to join me in this lawsuit please contact me..I WILL BE CONTACTING THE MEDIA and will EXPOSE this COMPANY for thier FRAUDULANT BUSINESS PRACTICES...ANY ATTORNIES ARE WELCOME TO CONTACT ME TO HELP ME RESOLVE THIS MATTER AND GET JUSTICE TO THOSE OF US WHO HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY CRICKET WIRELESS!!!

Comments

• Sc
      9th of Aug, 2010

I must agree with anybody that denounces Cricket wireless for their horrendous service, customer or otherwise. I bought a phone in the local cricket store in April, 2010 and am still waiting for the rebate they have supposedly mailed out at the beginning of June. They are seriously screwing anyone that will take it, and that's a shame. I hate this cell phone company more than I hate the bus system. Unfortunately I have need of them both. I've also noticed the horrendous increase in various charges applied each month to my phone bill. I wonder if they are not somehow, fraudently, adding twenty cents here, a dollar there to millions of people each month to their advantage. I'm not a real smart dude, but I know when I'm being shafted! But what are you gonna do?! Go online and get absolutely zero help, or call India or Bangladesh and get an even worse insult. Well, I'm all worked up now! Better call somebody that gives a ###!

• Da
      26th of Dec, 2014

DId you ever receive your rebate? I know this an old post, but Cricket also lured me in...If I would have known of the difficulty, I would have gotten a different phone...

• He
      15th of Jan, 2015

Hi . I am another dumb ### that Cricket took advantage of. I sent in all my paperwork that was asked. Checked my status. They said it was mailed out on Jan 2, 2014. They said it would take10 days. Well it Is now Jan 15. I have been calling every day. One agent said it's coming from Texas. Then another one will say it's coming from Indiana. They need to get their story straight. I ship things all the time back east. It doesn't take this long. I really need this money. I wouldn't have bought the phone. If I would of known this is a SCAM. WELL THEY GOT ME. We need to file a lawsuit against cricket. I'm calling the BB Bureau. Email me if you are SCAM VICTIM of cricket. [protected]@gmail.com

• Tr
      28th of Jan, 2015

My boyfriend is in the same situation we got the phone back in October and are still waiting and still getting the runaround.

• Tr
      28th of Jan, 2015

we called the rebate company and a supervisor admitted that they messed up on the paper work and that why people are not getting the promised rebate. I think they should compensate every cricket user they screwed over

• Ki
      13th of Mar, 2015

I bought a phone back in October of last year. I was told about the rebate and what to do. I sent it in November and began checking the website in December. Around late December, early January the site said the rebate was processing. I was told it would take time so I tried to be patient. I called earlier this week only to be told Cricket didn't receive my paperwork. So, cue run around of trying to talk to SOMEONE who can help me get my rebate back. Going between customer "care" and rebate office answering machine, I didn't get anything but per-fabricated answers most likely read from a script. I FINALLY got to talk to someone at the rebate office today, only to be told that once again, they never received it and on top of that, the offer for the rebate expired. I asked them if I could just give them the information needed over the phone and the guy could fill out a paper there at the rebate office, but that was too much to hope for. He stated he can't fill out forms because all he has is on the computer and the forms he gets comes in the mail. Great, thanks. Chucked back to the customer "care". I request to speak to a supervisor and the woman wastes my time stating my case is for the rebate office and that the supervisor there can't help. At this point I'd like to speak to someone other than a humanized automated machine.By the time I get done talking with her all the while her apologizing for this problem, she sends me over to rebate and it's closed. One last effort to reach somebody, I try the chat window on Cricket's website. I explain to the woman what happened and she too shucks me to the dark unknown place known as "the rebate office" I tell her I've rode that carousel already (been given the run around) and would like to speak to someone who can ACTUALLY help. she reiterates the rebate office and closes the window. Gee, what lovely people. I don't know if it'll even be worth trying to talk to the supervisor at the rebate office on Monday. I understand a phone costs money and usually you don't expect it back when you buy it, but when a company offers a rebate if you buy the phones they are often discontinuing then it wouldn't seem so unreasonable to expect forms to be handled professionally and money to be dispersed in a timely fashion. Not with these people. Add onto all of this, I am being talked to as if I'm some crazy person (in hushed slow tones) or as if I'm a child that doesn't know whats going on (slow, calm, firm voices) I'm an adult, not a child and therefore deserve to be treated like one. I'm not trying to placate you, don't try it with me. Cricket needs to retrain their employees better. I talked with one of their in store help about getting a copy of my receipt and her attitude was very unprofessional. Sure I was irritated but no where near to what she was said, stating I was being "mean" and "yelling" because I had spoken up for her to hear me since she was working in a cricket kiosk, where I bought my phone. I agree with tracy34, they need to reimburse all cricket users that have been left with nothing but empty hands.

• Mr
      18th of Feb, 2016

I am a victim of Cricket wireless fraudulent $100 rebate crap! I switched from Metro PCS to Cricket back on November.30, 2015 due to the lack of service from Metro in the area I moved to in Florida. I have a ZTE ZMax phone that I brought to them. I switched service, kept my number and purchased the 10G plan. At the time they wwere advertising the $100 shopping card for switching to their services. They gave me no rebate forms to fill but told me it HAD to be done online. They told me in the store that this is a $100 shopping card as the commercial has stated. I mwaited the 45 days and then proceeded online to fill out the form...NOTHING! After FINALLY being to actually get through to someone I emailed a support supervisor and she returned my inquiry telling me that they would process my rebate as an "acception" because I didn't mail in a form despite the fact that the representatives in the store told me I HAD TO DO IT ONLINE. I just received this shopping card today and to my absolute disgust found that this "shopping card" was not that. It's a $100 "STORE CREDIT" card that could ONLY BE USED IN A CRICKET WIRELESS STORE!! The ad stated that this was a $100 SHOPPING CARD NOT A STORE CREDIT FOR CRICKET ONLY!! Needless to say this whole $100 shopping card promotion is an ABSOLUTE FRAUDULENT ATTEMPT TO LURE PEOPLE TO CRICKET. NEVER EVEN ONCE STATING THAT IT IS FOR CRICKET WIRELESS ONLY. Had I known that I would not had pursued this issue. They advertised this promotion but act as if they don't want or have no plans on hon oring what it is they offer. I don't need this or want this...STRAIGHT UP SCAM ARTISTS!!