Cricket Wireless / exploitive business practices as day to day business model

Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: they cut it off AGAIN

These clowns are a privately owned subsidiary of Leap Wireless International, Inc. started in 1999 and headquartered in/at 10307 Pacific Center Court, San Diego, Ca., 92121, with a purported Corporate phone number of [protected] and a corporate fax of [protected], it might be worth the trouble to bombard this purported “responsible”, growing enterprise with old fashioned phone calls, snail mail and manual faxes to perhaps get its presidents' attention.

A google search results in the listing of a Susan G. Swenson (60) and a Stewart Douglas Hutcheson (53) as CEOs. A Linda K. Wokoun (53) is listed as Senior VP of both Marketing and customer care. The only person who seems to be competent is listed as/in marketing. Won’t list him, they do run a very aggressive ad campaign and one must factor out honesty in advertising at the corporate level.

A Rueters posting on 04/29/2009 lists a Linda Vaz as the “Director of customer service”(that obviously doesn’t deserve Caps)—that was 4 months ago. If she wasn’t a crackwhore and a meth-head at hire—read-a semi decent person—she probably lit her hair on fire and went screaming out of the building within a week of this posting and her probable hire date.

Some of the legion of comments about this company's abysmal record for customer service include--"only drug dealers use and find benefit with your service".
I would add drug users and addicts, people with no credit, can't pay a bill on time to save their bong, kids, and crack whores.
they seem to make their daily operating capital on the reactivation fees for shutting off your service, on a computer generated schedule whether you have paid it or not.

It's a market segment no legitimate business wants to be associated with; but like subprime mortgages and buy here pay here car lots, it's pretty big. Someone with an iota more real concern for doing what they say and claim to offer will take that 'fastest growing wireless in the country" away from them in under six months

Cricket Wireless

Comments

• Ad
      Jan 24, 2010

You are completely correct.
    This company is a joke, one that is making a killing in the poor popullations of the South (so far).

I had a rin in with them, because I was uniformed, and trusted the word of a friend when moving to TN, that this was the greatest company with low ratesn no hasltles etc...
    Well bulll on that.
    I got the family plan (3 ohones) mine broke after 3 months, I went on line to speak to customer service, i was told it would ne no problem whatsoever if i went to best Nuys to purchase the phone and just add it to my existing account, and swithch my old number to it for a fee of 15.00.Which would have saved me about 30.00.
    Since they were selling the same phone on their web site for alot more, with only one yr replacement, whereas Nest Nuy had it for nearly half the price, and a 2 yr warranty for half, which is all I could hardly afford to begin with.
    So I come home, call Cricket, and again, just be ne sure i repeated my intiial question.They said no problem just open the plastic casing, give us the number from inside phone, I did, then suddenly i was transfered to someone who told me, they cannot put this phone on my plan.
    I lost it to say the least, after being transffered another 3 times, I explained to this woman at least 3 times the entire story and still she did not hear a word i said since she repeatedly asked me questions i already answered.
    I insited on a supervisor, and said before you put me on hold again I want his number and extention in case we get cut off, she refused and hung up on me.

Now isn't that wonderful!