Cricket / Wireless Modem / rebate never came

I purchased this wireless phone and modem at the same time some 6 to 7 months ago. Paid a total of $300.61 the phone was 129.99 and the modem was 149.00 21.62 sales tax I sent in the reciept and form to get my rebate of 50.00 dollars that was promised at time of purchase now keep in mind I have been waiting 5 months after repeated phone calls and mostly driving down to franchise office I was told a I had to call a number the people there told me I was calling the wrong people and that they were the main phone office for criket and I had to call the manufacturer of the modem but they did not have there number and suggested I call the main office at charleston and bruce. So I go there and they tell me a number to call again its the wrong number I give up they are a scam but I would still like to get my money back i'm thinking of filing a complaint with the federal trades commission what do you suggest ? Thanks for your time bob bellah [protected]

N  3rd of Mar, 2009 by
I have been having the same problems. I am tired of being on phone trying to get my money. They shut you off if you dont pay on time, But I can sit here and wait for the money owed to me. That is not rite. Everytime I called I got the run around. First it was I had to wait 45 days of uninterupted service. Done that no check. Called again now they were proccessing it. Later still no check. Called again, now they say I need to wait 10-12 weeks... I have never heard of waiting that long for anything. Now my bill is due again...Should I pay it or tell them where to put their service!!! It isnt all that anyways. I loose connection after a while on it. Lost connection for some time and sat on hold for over an hour. When they finnaly answered they said they are out nationwide. Well am I gonna get credited for that time...I dont think so. I just called again looking for my check and they still tell me I have to wait 10-12 weeks. Why dont they tell you this stuff when you buy it. I dont think its rite. I am now calling my local new Call 4 action to look into this. DONT BUY CRICKET.
N  5th of Mar, 2009 by
I am having the same problems with Cricket, their wireless is a big joke we have been having problems with them for over a month and everytime we call to get help it takes over an hour on hold and then still the problem doesn't get fixed they have you do this and that and then you hang up thinking all is good and ten minutes later same crap so we called back to get tech support again and was put on hold three different times and then the line would go dead like they hang up on you. Still waiting for our rebate too it has only been 3 months though but 2 weeks ago we got the text message from them saying we were past our 45 days and we would be getting it soon. Lastnight called tech support again only waited on hold 56 minutes this time and then they say the modem is faulty to take it in and get it fixed or buy a new one, what a joke today is March 5th, and we bought it on Jan 1st. They only give a 30 day warranty on them, and then asked if we bought an extended warranty on it, which we didn't know they offered one on it they never offered us one for it. We are always being disconnected, it won't go to web pages, it is slower then the Aol dial up we had. Yesterday it took me 19 minutes to download a 2mb file. Which would of been seconds when we first started out with Cricket. I am thinking about contacting the federal trade or attorney general about Cricket. They are a RIP OFF. I suggest you DON'T BUY CRICKET if you do expect HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE and HORRIBLE SERVICE it is not worth your time or money. Also their tech support don't have any experience with the broadband service at all. Goodluck to all already dealing with Cricket Broadband as we all know we need .
A  28th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My husband has cricket broadband. I was suppose to purchase my cricket phone next, but after reading all of the complaints about cricket I refuse to subject myself to mental and verbal abuse from cricket. I thank all of you, who have taken the time and patience to increase the knowledge about cricket. I WILL NOT purchase a cricket phone
A  26th of May, 2009 by
I was given a rebate form that was only valid in Philadelphia from my Tucson, Arizona Cricket location. I did not notice the small print and sent in the $50 rebate claim. Of course, the rebate center denied the rebate claim. I sent the corrected information. There is noone capable answering any rebate questions at the Cricket rebate phone number 888-326-6178. They ask you what your letter denial reason is and then transfer you to that message. Crooks!

These are deceptive crooks, I would advise staying away from Cricket at ALL costs!

I'll let you know if I get this straightened out- who can we complain to?
N  30th of May, 2009 by
Cricket, Cricket, Cricket!!! Your company sucks!!! I bought internet wireless, because it was cheaper, but much to my surprise if my bill is due on the 11th of each month, If you pay on the 12th, not only do you get charged a $15 late fee, but a reconnect fee as well. Your company is horrible!!! Purchased back in Feb. just now getting my rebate in May!!! not only that, cant find anyone here in Dayton, Ohio that will cash my Rebate Check you sent to Me. Make's me realize now, that your company will not Last Long!!!
N  20th of Jun, 2009 by
My wireless is fantastic here in Pittsburgh but however I never received their rebate they promised. The Man at the store completly filled out the form for me and he even put everything needed in the envelope. After a couple of weeks I received a text message that said my rebate was being processed. After two weeks, I went on-line to my account and it said my rebate was being delayed due to improper documentation and they forwarded me the information in the mail. I never received any information and of course the timeline they said if not received by had already passed. Their customer service people were not helpful. So I was out 60.00.

A  25th of Jul, 2009 by
Some months ago I also purchased the Broadband. Cricket did not stand by their word of giving the Rebate that was owed to me. Attempting to get someone on the phone is like talking to programmed robots. The game that they're playing with our money and time is wrong! I will figure out a way to put a stop to this companies false advertisements. Cricket will end up owing so much in the end. I have a name for you all..."DIRTY RIVER CRICKETS"

A  6th of Sep, 2009 by
same thing with me, said I didn't send in the UPC which is BS, I copied the form with the UPC attached and mailed in the original.. I think its just a scam.
N  22nd of Sep, 2009 by
I got mine. I had made photo copies of all my materials i sent in, just in case. I had to wait i think they said when i called 105 days.
A  9th of Oct, 2009 by
Wow, I guess I'm not the only one. I bought the internet data stick on Jul 17. I sent out all the information that they required and mailed it off Aug 17. Here it is now Oct 9 and I STILL haven't received my $55 rebate. Trying to reach customeR service is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!! I found their website and did an inquiry on my rebate. I got a response back that said I mailed past the 30 days, and my info was mailed Sept 5!! That's 3 weeks after I actually mailed it! Where the hell did they get that date?? Cricket sucks BAD. Just like the others before me mentioned they'll turn you off if you don't pay by your due date, but yet you can spend forever just trying to talk to a real person on the phone. The "cheap" price is SOOOOO not worth the BS you get (or NOT get) when you need customer service.
A  13th of Nov, 2009 by
I sent mine in and they said they have no record. They want me to get the SKU#, store reciept, and rebate form for resubmital (ya right). I asked them were to send it this time to have it thrown away again. Anyway they said to fax it to 800-532-1087.
N  27th of Jan, 2010 by
A  23rd of Feb, 2010 by
SWEAR! This broadband modem is a joke for sure. We have yet to stream a movie, takes over 1 1/2 hours to download 1album, just NOT what the cricket sales rep said it would be (at least he spoke english). Calling customer service, another JOKE, what country are we getting anway. I have waited just like others here, up to an hour to get hung up on when I ask if there is anything I can do to make the connection faster. I'm sure cricket training for call center employees includes a practice session where the agent "assures" the caller that the call will only be placed on hold momenarily or transferred quickly. I will too be filing a complaint, with the Attorney General's Office.
N  19th of Apr, 2010 by
swear on a million bibles, i received two, yes two rebate cards, and get this, in the same envelope, i promise you, sorry dude in chicago, spent your 50 bucks!!!
A  30th of Jun, 2010 by
I did a warranty exchange on my cricket phone that malfunctioned in April after having the phone for a year. I went in to a Corporate store on 87th street here in Chicago, because I had been contacting customer service since my new phone had been activated. I told the manager that the phone screen went out and I couldn't receive text messages or see who's calling. The store manager tells me in order to get another phone I'll have to pay another $45 fee. If it's found out not to be my doings that caused the phone to malfunction the money will be credited to my account. I refuse to pay the money, because I had just paid for the new phone in April. I asked for a number to contact a main office or someone over the corporate store and the manager tells me there is no one he is it. On top of that he was very rude and unprofessional. The customer service representatives are just as incompetent as the store team. I know Cricket workers has to have a way of making contact will a main office in order to resolve issues they have in store; as well as with their pay checks if an issue were to occur. So why is it impossible for a customer to reach a main office representative to place a complaint or even to receive assistance? I can't believe that Cricket has such bad business ethics and they have the nerve to advertise that they are a company that RESPECTS their customers. I will be reporting them to the Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau.
A  17th of Jul, 2010 by
i sent in my reabte for the broadband modem, and 1month later i got a letter saying i was denied because my activation was not in the required timeframe

So i called customer service and they said that they gave me the wrong form and to call back when 45 days after activation had passed

idk if its a scam, but so far it isnt looking good

i mean, do i really believe that the Person at the cricket store gave me the wrong form?

No, eveytime i try to get a rebate, or to get something from a "special offer" its always a giant hassle

The only reason they do mail in rebates is because they hope people will just give up
N  16th of Aug, 2010 by
Seen their comercials on tv was the main reason i purchased wireless broad band internet - purchased on 07/16/2010 & checked the out lined area with the dealer when i bought it --plugged it in & spent over a day checking my computer cause i couldnt get on line after downloaded the software -finally got a hold of one of their service techs & after bout 20min we figured out i was in a roaming area & signal strength was not good enough so before canceling service told them i'd try it at work - so the following week when i returned to work, plugged it in & it did work in that area but only got 1 & 1/2 bars & was downloading bout 270 kbs of speed which for 40 bucks a month is not really worth it - so called cricket to cancal my service got the run around for three or more days like (our accounts dept is down for upgradeing their network or was transfered a number of times to stupid cricket reps that didn't know what the hell they were doing or simply just got disconnected) finally after talking to a number of idiots i finally got through to accounts & told them all the garbage i went through i finally got my service canceled bout two weeks before the next months billing. now i have to make sure they don't bill me for another month of service & stick it on my credit card ---still working on seeing if i can bring the modem back to the place i bought it from ---but to anyone who reads this --cricket some what works just make sure bout the area your in & if you have any problems with your service & need to talk to one of their reps lots of luck finding one that knows what the hell their doing over there---signed(cricket sucks in parts of wisconsin)
A  23rd of Sep, 2010 by
I mailed in everything within a week of purchase, which was in April 2010 and now its almost October 2010 and When i check the status of my rebate it shows that since April my rebate was approved but it is on required waiting period... which is so stupid. Cricket is just a scam so anyone out there who is planning to go to cricket for any services i suggest you go somewhere else where you dont have to be lied into buying something and promised something and then you end up not recieving nothing... SO CRICKET WIRELESS IS A BIG NO NO NO NO... DONT WASTE UR MONEY ON SCAMMERS EVEN IF THE OFFERS ARE TEMPTING...
N  14th of Mar, 2011 by
I been with Cricket for three years and I have to say that this company is awful. Cricket customers service rep are bad and plus some of them dont speak English very well and on top of that the service sucks sometimes and the stores are rude and ignorant especially 87th Dan Ryan and 22 Cicero .
A  8th of Apr, 2015 by
Same here. I purchased a modem years ago.. Sent in required forms never received rebate. After a year & a half I stopped using it then about a year later decided to re activate it, , cricket store employees said they don't do these anymore??

Cricket Wireless Logo Cricket Wireless