Cricket Wireless / poor service, misrepresentation and fraud

1 PO Box 349067Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:

I bought a kyocera candid ii camera phone from cricket wireless. Last year (About 10 months ago). My phone plan includes unlimited text/pix messages. About 3 months ago I started not being able to send picture messages. I tried several times to get help calling customer service and just kept going from #2 prompt to #3 prompt back and forth until I finally gave up. When I went to the store to pay bill the guy at the store didn't want to help with it, said I could send my phone in for repair. The other day I sent a message on line to cricket about the problem my response was "in order to use cricketã�â® service, you must have a cricketã�â® phone due to software differences and internal locks placed on the phone from the manufacture to prevent use on another network. Also even with a flashed handset features such as picture messaging, roaming, web access and other features are not guaranteed to work. Additionally cricket uses cdma technology and phones that use gsm "sim card" technology will not work on our network. " I did by my phone from cricket and if they are going to change the technology how can they do that and not notify you. How can they charge you for it? As far as I am concerned they are stealing from me and should be arrested. Why can't these business be held accountable and charge with fraud and stealing?

Va

Comments

29th of Jan, 2009

Cricket is absolutely the worst company I've ever done business with. I bought a charger for my boyfriend's phone (Samsung R-500) using their 800 number and asked the representative if this was the correct charger for his phone. The representative assured me that it was. When the charger arrived, it didn't fit his phone, and I called to get a return authorization. The woman I spoke with rudely told me that there were no returns on accessories, not even when it's a Cricket employee's fault that it's the wrong one! I asked to speak with her supervisor and I was connected with Clarence (ID #1307) and he told me that this was Cricket's policy, but my case was unusual and he would forward it to corporate. I was awoken the following Sunday morning by a call from "corporate" saying that I couldn't get my money back and basically, that they didn't believe me! To top it off, the guy hung up on me! Not only was I treated rudely, but I'm stuck with a useless phone charger and I'm out $25.

• Lc
      30th of Apr, 2009

My friend bought the modem for broadband internet. The sales clerk said if it didn't work bring it back and you'll get your money back and it's no problem. It would work for a bit then not work. Fed up she went back a week later to return it, oh no. Now of course she can't get the activation fee of $25.00 back, but she can't get anything back at all.
    They say after 3 days no refunds. It's not written anywhere that it's 3 days. The clerks couldn't find the info on the 3 days either. The clerk called their boss at corporate( wherever the [censored] that is) and they said it's 3 days, tough luck. So BEWARE!!! Cricket is a scam. My friend is out
    $145 for a piece of crap modem that doesn't work.

20th of May, 2009

We have had cricket for about 8 months. When we first got our internet, It wasn't working properly and it took forever to get a refund/credit for the time it wasn't working. Now, we just made a "bridge" payment on the 16th. The csr gave me the address for a store nearest me where I could make the payment($51 +$3 Convenience fee). The guy at the store told my husband he wasn't sure how to do it and if it didnt post to the account "come back and kick my @ss". I found out later that the guy had charged my husband $54.50. 3 days later, our phones were cut off. My husband didn't ask for a reciept. He should have but hes a guy... We went back to the store but it was closed. My husband found another cricket store who told him he had to go to a main store. He went there and they told him he owed $120 give or take and that there was no record of the "Bridge" Payment. We may be out $54.50 and when I try to call customer service I only get the automated system to "bring my account current" since it is "past-due". I am so pissed off. OH, and my husband went to the store a @ 3:35 pm and it was still closed. The main store told him that there were several cases of this and that they were closing down a few of their locations here in UT. if there are so many cases like ours, why are they not willing to credit our account

• Do
      19th of Aug, 2009

I found this board/website because I also am a Cricket customer who is being robbed. I ordered online and paid $155.xx for the A600 Broadband device and first month of service plus $25 activation fee. I went with paperless billing (automatic debit from bank account) method. The device arrived in mail and when I tried to use it, it would not activate! I took it to a cricket store and they activated it and created an account for me and asked me if I wanted to go paperless, I said yes (to avoid the $1.25 extra fee) and less than three weeks later, I get a paper bill in the mail and a $1.25 charge for paper billing!!!
    I will answer your question as to why they are not charged with fraud and theft...the U.S. government makes money off the corporations taxes. Since their is more incentive for the government to turn a blind eye on crooked operations, that is why Bernie Madoff was able to defraud billions for decades without arrest.
    Hate seeing our America become so crooked, it breaks my heart deeply.

• Cr
      24th of Sep, 2009

After 5 years as a Cricket costumer I've decided to file to sue in small claims court. I signed on to a plan when I first got my Cricket phone and one of the benefits to the plan was that %5.00 was to go directly into my flex bucket for use outside the area. These ### did away with the old plan and installed me into a new plan without my permission or concent in anyway and have since been charging me the extra $5.00 per month in addition to my monthly bill. They took away a feature ( the $5.00 for flex bucket) and are now billing me for it. No phone call, no letter, no nothing, just slipped me off my plan and onto one of their new ones. I was grandfathered into the plan I had, Since when can a company do this legally? Did I wake up in communist China??? How can a company do this and not expect people to not go after them? I'll be filing for my losses of $5.00 per month over tyhe last several months. I've tryed to peak to the service rep on the phone, (broken English from God knows from where) who said the old plan was not available anymore and the system wouldnt allow them to put me back on my original plan and they were unwilling to reimburse me or accomidate me with a price adjustment to balance out the difference between the old and new plan. Nothing he said. We arent willing and can't do anything for you, take the plan as it is or leave it. No, I'll sue you instead, get my money back you stole from me, tell everyone what a scam Cricket is and go get a plan with Verizon. So Cricket... put that in youe pipe and smoke it you ###.

• Ts
      2nd of Jan, 2010

OK, so i had gotten $133 christmas money form my grandparents and i am only 14 years old, so I whent to cricket to buy my ACTUAL real phone not a stupid pay as you go phone, so i got a MSGM8 cell phone for 80.00 dollars plus plan and activation, so I was using it and i was having fun, then one day it snowed and there was SO much snow so I was climbing a snow pile and jumped off, well as i jumped off the phone fell out of my pocket and landed on concreat, well i screech and look at it and there is only a little itty bitty dent and then i look at the screen and its bright white, and only had the phone for a day and a half, so i go to THREE cricket stores and they all tell me to go to the main Corprate cricket store to exchange it for a new one, and so i go there and they tell me i cant get a new phone cuz of the little dent and it doesnt look like its in "new condition" ok, so now what? There not gonna exchange a day and a half phone for a new one to a 14 year old girl who is balling her eyes out, how heartless? so now i dont know what to do? if you know how to walk me through on how to fix it, let me know!

• Mi
      5th of Feb, 2010

WHAT KIND OF PHONE COMPANY MAKES U PAY AN EXTRA $3.00 IN ADDITION TO YOUR BILL IN ORDER TO PAY YOUR BILL IN THERE STORE.

oh yeah that would be cricket

• Gi
      15th of Mar, 2010

If you are unhappy with Cricket, go somewhere else and pay more. I would, but I would rather pay 1/3 the price of any other cell phone plan and have to endure some crappy customer service over the phone.

• Cr
      10th of Jun, 2010

Cricket advertises you do not have a contract...yet when they change their price, you are an "existing" customer and are not "allowed" to have the deal they advertise extensively here in Texas ($30 for unlimited national talk and text)...for me, an existing customer it is $35 + taxes, of course!

They told me that I would have to disconnect for SIX months (even though I am month to month) to get that rate.

It sure sounds like they are acting like I have a contract...that is fraud!!!

• Mr
      12th of Aug, 2010

Dude as in Gigahertz~

Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND. Cricket SUCKS. You can get an unlimited nationwide service through walmart for 45 bucks. Thats unlimited EVERYTHING. No need for crickets crappy service.

You must not have a clue if you think cricket is worth your time or money. By the way cricket is nationwide either. In fact you are lucky if it works 10 miles from your home and if it does then you are required to add money to a flex bucket to cover the out of area fees. You couldn't pay me to use a cricket phone ever again. Oh' and by the way crickets is all they will be hearing soon when they are all out of business for poor to no service at all.

• Ra
      11th of Mar, 2011

We bought a cricket phone and they took the money out of my husbands account and we never recieved the phone so we called the customer service for cricket and they claim the have no records for my husband. We have the credit card records that shows the money taken from cricket. We got scammed! Cricket is a horrible place to buy anything from!!!

• Vs
      31st of Mar, 2011

Cricket is the worse company I have ever seen. Horrible customer service, Horrible coverage and the phones suck. last payment I tried to make over the phone that costs an extra $2 the automated service was not working then they wanted to charge me an extra $5 for using a live operator, I told them to go to hell. that's why I am no longer with them.

• Br
      24th of May, 2011

On 4-15-11 i paid my brothers phone bill cash $55.00 in the store. his phone worked all month untill his girlfriend tried to pay the bill for 5-15-11 online $55.00. it took her money, and then cricket messages him and said he owes $100 and some odd dollars. i called customer service, no help at all. what do i do? just accept that they stole $110 dollars? or take them to court? what can be done? does anyone else have this problem with them? hes been w/o a phone for a week or so, and hes devastated. it was paid and now he has no phone!! help!