Cricket Wireless / shotty phones shotty service

It seems almost impossible in my area to find a cricket store that is actually open during the actual posted times. My bill was due I was out, needed to pay my bill and see about a replacement phone and five different locations were closed during posted operating hours! I have never had a phone that didn't last for less than a year, well, that was until now. My wifes phone is held together with tape and mine will no-longer hold a charge and as of today, won't even turn on. Now I am told I have to fork over $100 bucks in order to replace both phones. If I had been told that at the purchase point I wouldn't have purchased the "replacement plan". Once this payment goes through I will be going through a contract company.

Damian pamplin
Owner, the alpha club

Comments

• Ju
      30th of Aug, 2007

As,I can't say I totally agree cause I just signed up for Verizon lol. I am having problems with my current Cricket service and I've only had it 2 months.Customer service is Very Bad!To make it short,I called in and spoke with 5 cricket reps plus a supervisor to confirm I wanted to cancel my cricket account before the new billing period which is August 31st + so I made it.The next day,on the 28th my bank statement shows a $53.29 direct debit made by Cricket,why?How?I called in and told them about this,that amount needs to be credited back as I do not owe Cricket that since I called in to cancel my cricket service before the new billing period.It was only the 28th!They say oh looks like your on automatic bill payment,we can shut that off for you.I said ya shut that off and credit my money back please.I never signed up for that.The past 2 months,I mailed a check out to the company since joining.How they got my card number and without my consent,who knows.They sure don't know.They give me the run around that they "say" they see what's happened and are "so sorry" but gave me a fax number(after trying out many times,doesn't EVEN WORK!!!) and saying if I could fax my bank statement showing that amount being deducted,I may have a chance on getting my money back,it's not guaranteed and that right there pissed me off.Not guaranteed?If I send the proof,I should be guaranteed! It was Cricket's error/mistake,not mine.Then she says if you do not hear back,call us back and we'll help you further.That's it.My account supposedly shuts off tomorrow. Still haven't gotten credited nor CAN NOT get through to customer service for a damn!DO NOT join Cricket! Nobody!

• Ju
      21st of Sep, 2007

Hey I'm Justmoi who typed the complaint about Cricket above but I just wanted to update and say that as of Saturday Sept 15th 2007,I was credited back my $53.29 on that exact day so I'm happy as heck about that.I wish I can help the rest of you but if you wanna know what I did after searching online since this situation was all new for me and stuff,I found a site called [redacted]dotcom.I'm sure you can't post links.I did everything that they suggested people suspected they even think they have this problem on their hands..do.Actually the page ain't loading up but I didn't end up doing everything.What I felt comfortable doing and did was take printscreen shots of all I had of cricket(when my acct was still active of course) and I kept those aside.Papers I got in the mail incase you didn't sign up electronically.Then I contacted my bank where the fraudulent charge occured,shortly explained my situation by sending a secure online bank message,giving them the link to the [redacted] site(mentioning there's alot of online horror stories) simply said that was a fraudulent charge and was not authorized by myself and it should be credited back to my acct and blah blah.The site finally loaded so I'll copy n paste what helped me.Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E. Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything!Demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor.If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report hereRemember… Don't let them get you!

The page from this site that has all this info I don't think I can post it but maybe you can search RipOff0192209 cause that was the file page name.GL PPL!

• Tr
      15th of Dec, 2007

I am really upset because i have written letters with my concerns and nothing. My thing is i have been with cricket since your company has serviced this area over a year and i agree that i have had a few billing problems but i manage to handle the bill . I am upset that your company representative lied about me setting up people and receive discounts off of my bill,anyway the representatives always call me a man which I am a woman. I see that your company has come out with all these new promotions that are not benificial that are useless too me I feel as though the company should help previous customers by allowing promotions to help them keep their phone service but i am not allowed these things. At the moment i am very upset and i would love to resolve this matter. I have had my freinds get cricket and they have complained that the service is bad dropped calls and still i vow to the fifty or more people too stay with cricket and yet and still cricket does not care about their elderly customers. At this point in my life i have bleeding in one eye and i dislocated my knee and my shoulder and i really need my phone my only child has just left too fight the war and now i can not communicate with her until whenever the mail makes it.. I also have a lot of ideas that will hep upgrade cricket and become the most hella wonderful telecommunication company in the world. Cricket needs too help me and hear my ideas.. Waiting too hear from you...

Trina E Shaw!

• Bl
      22nd of Apr, 2008

regardless if you are bleeding from one eye and so forth i don't think that alters the problems that you have. If you want to upgrade service ask your rep at an actual coroporate store and see what they can do. Most of the time if you have had the service for at least a year, they can work with you. you have to remember that they have insurance to help with bad phones and warranty, and they meet different criteria to work with customers.

• Un
      24th of Jun, 2009

My cricket phone service sucks, it always drops calls & phone dies easly, upgrade phones have no choice and no good buys for current customer. But, what really pissed me off they add an upgrade service to my phone with out my promistion. I noticed a jump in my bill so I call cricket and I was told That I did it. I was furious then I had to cancell there mistake off an unwanted upgrade. So i ended having to pay the unrequested upgrade!!! The representative keep repeating her self over and over saying that " in order to upgrade a service I had to request it ". So I ask for a manager then the manager said the same thing!!! They can really make you go mental!!! I guess now I can See how they say your reputation processeds you. I now alot of people not satified with how cricket does bussiness!!!