Cricket Cell Phone / phone replacement problem

My cell phone service is with Cricket cell phone ser. My phone stopped charging, and the clerk gave me the number to the Insurance co. to replace my phone. When talking to the person at the Ins Co. I asked what type phone my phone would be replaced with? I was told that I would recieve the same phone that I presently was using, which was an "Audiovox " model #8910. My phone was replaced with a model #8900, I told the lady that helped my or er trashed me that 8900 comebefore 8910, she assurred me that this model # 8900 was the same phone. Before I left the store I stopped at the desk to inquire of the value and quality of the phone they'd replaced mine with, and was told that the model 8900 was discontinued, and was told that I needed to go back to the clerk that replaced my phone, that is where the run around began from cricket to the ins. co.customer ser. and so on. My name is Elijah Phone #704-891-4sss. Thanks.

El

Comments

• Sh
      21st of Apr, 2008

i too got a new phone and service through crickett. the problem i have is they sent me a phone that i cant use. i called them and they told me that my new phone has the same esn number as somebody elses phone. i was told that they will report this to manufacturer and will find out wether they will refunnd me or send me a new phone. this was a week ago! i havent heard nothing

• Da
      22nd of Aug, 2008

2 months ago my phone quit working so I went to a crickett outlet store, they examined my phone & showed me inside there was a dot.Suppose to be white N it turned red, she stated it had gotten wet.the dot is an indicator.I told her i'd not gotten it wet, she stated I had to have or it would not have changed colors.I'd told her I work outside N sweat, her reply was that had to be it.She said that crickett would not do anything with it, & i'd have to do an insurance claim.That would be $85.oo dollars & they would swap with a phone of equal value.Well mine is a Kyocera slider camera, i'd stated to her I really did'nt like that style phone, what other choices did I have, so she brought out the same one & a different one which I liked better.So I told her I liked the other one, I asked her where was the camera & she says OHHHH it does'nt have one.She stated that what made it a better (so to speak) phone was that it was also an MP3 or compatable with an MP3, hell I do'nt know, that's when I said how am I suppose to take pictures with an MP3, she said OHHH you can't.So I got stuck with the same phone that they no longer make & is a piece of S_ _T, but they do have more in stock to replace yours when it does SCREW UP.By the way I failed to mention that was only two months ago, NOW I'M SCREWED into the same place, Phone screwed up again N have to replace it.AGAIN & another $ 85.00. CRICKETT SUCKS

• Jg
      6th of Mar, 2009

i bought a phone the UTstarcom and when i left the store to use it it did not work it only worked on speaker so i left not thinking anything about it though it might just be function on it i need to change but notthing so i went back to the main store for cricket and told them they sold me a bad phone and they said well you talked longer then 15 min thiers nothing we can do but you did get did insurance so make a claim and i fell like i should not make a claim and pay a other 85 dollars for a phone they sold me broken i even traded my good t mobile razor for this piece of ### i still use today CRIKET SUCKS !!!

• Up
      7th of Jul, 2010

Don't buy Cricket Insurance! It's not worth buying the cell phone Insurance! Cricket customer service explained the insurance covered water damage, physical damage and electronic malfunction. I just had to pay the $85.00 and the store would replace my phone with the same or equal value. I paid my $85.00 and they gave me not a different phone but claimed to fix my phone and replaced something different in the phone. 2 weeks later the phone was broken again and I went back to tell them they gave me a lemon so they told me to file another claim and pay another $85.00. The replacement phone only lasted 2 weeks so I feel like they scammed me after being a faithful customer for 2 years with 3 phones. I'm now switching to another cell phone company. They told me there was a 30 day policy on returns on the receipt but they wouldn't even honor that. I feel so cheated by them. they're so quick to take our money and they would've continued to have me as a paying customer if they didn't scam me on the insurance. I could have just bought one of there new phones at $65.00 and started a new plan rather then paying $85.00 for a phone I can't even use. So I learned my lesson on insurance. I so badly wanted to file a police complaint on them. the store blamed it on the insurance and the insurance blames it on the store. neither want to take responsibility to help their customers.

• Kh
      24th of Dec, 2011

i Brouught A Cricket Phone, Two Weeks Ago And iT Stop Woring I Took It Too The Store And They Made Me Pay 50 For A New One So Too Days Later The Replacement Stop Working And There Tryna Make Me Pay 50 mORE

5th of Apr, 2016

I've only had my service for 3 months. They had a problem with the phone from the beginning. They couldn't get it to activate with my existing number. They used a "SIM kit" finally (which I asked them about when I told them my phone want acting right). They got it to work so I didn't worry too much about it. The phone started to read that my memory was full (after the fact that I deleted almost all my pics and music. Even uninstalled my games.) I tried clearing old calls, txts, web history. Whatever I had to, to make space. Well when I brought this up with them too ask them why a phone they sold me, was not even reading the micro sd card. I was roofs that they couldn't replace it. I had to contact LG. Why should I have to contact the market of the phone when they were the ones that sills it too me. I tried rushing them that. But. I might as well have berm talking to myself, because they said that it was a manufacturer problem.

5th of Apr, 2016

I've only had my service for 3 months. They had a problem with the phone from the beginning. They couldn't get it to activate with my existing number. They used a "SIM kit" finally (which I asked them about when I told them my phone wasn't acting right). They got it to work so I didn't worry too much about it. The phone started to read that my memory was full (after the fact that I deleted almost all my pics and music. Even uninstalled my games.) I tried clearing old calls, txts, web history. Whatever I had to, to make space. Well when I brought this up with them to ask them why, a phone they sold me, was not even reading the micro sd card. I was told that they couldn't replace it. I had to contact LG. Why should I have to contact the maker of the phone when they were the ones that sold it to me? I tried telling them that. But. I might as well have been talking to myself, because they said that it was a manufacturer problem.

• To
      28th of Sep, 2016

I know this complaint is 8yrs old, but this response I believe will be important for anyone else who reads replies. I sent in my near-3-month-old ZTE Sonoma, for manufacturer's warranty repair/replacement, because the microphone wasn't working. It was my understanding that like the Samsung S3s, the charging post was the reason behind failure. Other than slight chips in the plastic chrome trim, there was no physical damage to my phone. Insurance was said to cover so much as the phone being run over by a vehicle...

... this apparently was a false claim by the clerk who sold me the phone. When I called, to get an update on what was taking so long to get my phone back (well over a month), they claimed that the warranty did not cover the damage, because it was found to have water damage. I told them to send my phone back, because I knew it didn't have water damage, the issue was a known issue with the charging port overheating the microphone and I would perform the repair myself, since now, after all the time I waited, the warranty was void on the phone. Additional Insurance did not cover this phone for whatever reason, I tried getting Cricket to cover it as well, but their claim of "water damage" coverage did not apply.

Furthermore, the phone they returned was missing the back/battery panel when I received it. They claimed when they send it to the warehouse, they destroy the back cover... which the clerk also told me "wasn't with the phone, because instructions say to only send the phone body" (instructions say to remove battery, SIM card and SD card and return phone only). This and the fact that the phone that was returned to me has a faulty digitizer, which it did not have prior to sending it in does not register, truly infuriated me. I still have this 1/2 a phone that Cricket will not accept toward credit for exchange... which they would have accepted with a battery cover. Yes, I still have their minimal phone service. I purchased an AT&T Samsung Galaxy i337 phone and had them enable it.

In closing, I won't complain about (above adequate) cell service that is under $30 a month... but I in no way trust their warranty department due to false claims made and unprofessional customer support.

• Cr
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Cricket Wireless - Cricket ain't shit beware!!!!

They tryed to charge me an extra 70$ to port my phone number over. Poor customer service don't try to keep customers and customers is how you make money and why you guys have jobs!!! It's always been negative experiences with cricket never would I ever get this service again

• Ro
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Cricket Wireless - I haven't had data connections since i bought two phones fro cricket!!
    Florence
    Alabama

Cricket has not resolved my issue yet I it's been 30 without data I want my money back...
    Robert maxwell...

• Ga
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Cricket Wireless - service

Today is Christmas day and all 5 phones in my family are not working. Accounts are suspended and I have auto-payment. My balance is 0. No customer service is available due to holiday.

• Dm
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Cricket Wireless - Phone wont turn back on
    Kingsville
    Texas

I was in class looking up ideas for an art project and my phone shut off and wont turn back on. It is a ZTE grand max. Ive had the phone since February of last year and it hasnt turned on since June of last year. Ive tried everything and still wont turn on

19th of Sep, 2018
    Cricket Wireless - Very unprofessional manager
    Breckenridge
    Texas
    cricketwireless.com

The manager of the store was very rude and looked like she had just got done doing some drugs . Her eyes looked red and she looked greasy. I experienced a terrible service at this location . Very irresponsible and unprofessional store manager for a reputed company like this .

• Re
      14th of Oct, 2018
    Cricket Wireless - Cricket wireless
    Chester
    Virginia

Emergency aligns when you been in a domestic violence situation and you reach out to your provider letting them know, hey 15bucks I don't have. But when someone does 10yrs in prison and have order not to contact you and they do and you tell them your situation...it's nothing we can do. You would've thought that they cared. Cricket is a JOKE!

• Ts
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Cricket Wireless - i dropped my phone and the screen wont let me touch it
    woodward
    Oklahoma

my phone has been broke and i had dropped it and it messed up my screen where i cant touch it and it wont let me do anything

• Ro
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Cricket Wireless - Bridge pay
    Savannah
    Georgia

I paid my bridge payment for 25.00 they turn my phone off. For a being 7 hours late. Then made me pay 82.00 more to turn it back on. I was rip off by cricket and treated unprofessional when the lady got rude and hung up and my face after waiting to speak with someone. I will not advised anyone to purchase from cricket. Bad business

• Ho
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Cricket Wireless - LG k120 spree

I want to remove network lock

27th of Oct, 2018
    Cricket Wireless - Unlimited data plan
    Spencer
    Oklahoma

I got a message today saying Cricket plans on throttling the unlimited plan after 22 gb. That's unacceptable, unlimited means unlimited. If they do this, I'm switching carriers and I think everyone else should too. I pay $70 a month for unlimited Internet and that's what I expect

11th of Nov, 2018
    Cricket Wireless - Manager named melanie
    Frankfort
    Kentucky

manager at cricket in Frankfort Kentucky she had a very bad attitude with us we were just asking a question and she got smart with us and told us to leave I'm tempted to take my business elsewhere because of this manager I'd really appreciate it if you talk to this person and see why she is being the way she is with the customers thank you

• Er
      11th of Nov, 2018
    Cricket Wireless - data and no wireless service at al more than 24 hours
    Bronx New Yorkbronx
    cricket.com

no wireless call data problems no response from cricket