Cricket Broadband / slow access

1 North little rock, AR, United States Review updated:

This service is pure slow. It runs about as slow as dial up keep . I would go back to dial up but I would have to share a phone line. It's already bad enough we can't get high speed internet where we live.

Sh

Comments

Br
  1st of Apr, 2009

i agree with this person because we to share the same problem plus video problems we cant afford anything else.

Ji
  16th of Apr, 2009

Seriously. I can't even load Gmail and I have a brand new gaming PC. This service is cheap in Chicago, but it sucks ###. Its all I can afford too after Comcast butt-raped me.

Ri
  28th of Apr, 2009

first off I have to say yeah its slow but so is no internet.I have found several things out.If you do not use the cable that is supplied with it then you are cheating yourself.It increases the rf signal.You have to plug it into two usb ports.The gray goes in one usb port and the black in the other.Plug into the flaged end with the cricket broadband card.

Do a search on the internet and download BZEEK.It is a program that uses 10% of your bandwith to create a free broadband network simular to wi-fi.It also increased my broadband speed as far as I can tell.Also if you download more then 5 gig per month they limit your broadband.Hope this helps someone cause it sure helped me.
Richardmagic101

Mo
  25th of Jul, 2009

""Also if you download more then 5 gig per month they limit your broadband.Hope this helps someone cause it sure helped me.""

Folks thats about 10 yotube videos.HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS IS A JOKE. !!

Cj
  8th of Nov, 2009

i am dissappointed, though it is fast loading normal webpages i cant play any games, watch youtube, or view movies on my netflix due to the slow buffering rate and slow download speed, it rated me at sppedtest.net my speed at 63mbps download and 43 mbps upload speed which is not that great, the reason i got it was i work from home and need it in my office and on the go, i actually got better speed and connection using my neighbors wifi signal who lives 5 houses down from me, i am at 3 bars on my cricket broadband and still its slow, any suggestions?

Cj
  8th of Nov, 2009

another question, isnt that false advertising, the add says unlimited internet 40 bucks a month, unlimited means no limits so hows it then that they can say unlimited but try and limit you to 5gb per month?

Tu
  28th of Nov, 2009

my cricket internet connection is so slow, it reminds me of 1996!

Co
  7th of Apr, 2010

I should have done some research before i bought this...im a dumbass.