Crest University / Fraud and scam

Crest University in London, United Kingdom is a SCAM!

I applied for a position through http://www.workpermit.com for CREST UNIVERSITY. A woman named Emma Conner wrote back to me stating that I should fill out an online application/interview. The questions seemed legitimate, so I did.

A few weeks later, I received a 'job offer' from them. I was excited but skeptical. After I did further due diligence, I realized that all of the contact information they gave me was FAKE, and they also were requesting that I use an attorney (David Barlsham) to sign my papers.

To make a long story short, I discovered that the email addresses they gave me were all fake and were on yahoo's blacklists (funny though, they still worked). The email address they gave me to apply for my working visa papers was also fake. This is a FAKE UNIVERSITY! For anyone who is reading this, please also look at Preston University. They have almost the same exact websites.

The scam is that they ask you to use their 'attorney' to handle your visa paperwork. I am sure that they have managed to swindle many unsuspecting students.

If there is a legitimate attorney reading this, I would like to sue them but you have to be a REAL attorney whom I can meet face to face.

Ma

Comments

• Ji
      7th of Mar, 2009

ATTN: XYZ

The management and staff of Crest university wishes to congratulate you on your appointment in the Crest university recruitment exercise. Your job status is as attached to this mail.

Your job profile and activity shall be spelled out to you 3 days after your arrival to United Kingdom.

Your employment is binded under the following Conditions:

1. Your Visa and Work permit documents will be processed by this Institution, this includes all the expenses and necessary bottle necks. Your accommodation is ready, pending your arrival.

2. Your flight ticket will be to you sent to you through our Institution's operating bank here in United Kingdom.

3. You must report on the resumption date as stipulated on your letter of appointment. Any unforeseen circumstance which may lead to your unavoidable extension of arrival date must be approved by the
    board of Crest university.

4. You will be required to send your data and a scanned copy of your international passport immediately to the the UK immigration department through the contact we shall give you, your visa processing will follow due process, but you must always update us on any correspondence from the immigration department.

5. Your one month Upfront salary will be transferred to you as well as your ticket fees, immediately the UK Immigration department approves your visa .

6. Your salary and ticket fees will strictly be sent to you through the Institution's operating bank, which you must be required to open an account with them immediately you receive your visa and work permit.

7. You will have to first of all contact an attorney with the contact details given below for him to come and sign the hard copies of your contract documents with our Institution as you are not presently residing here in UK .

Clements Chamber (UK)
    23 Cranbrook, Ilford, Essex,
    IG1 4LX London UK
    Tel: +44 750 839 5386
    Fax: +44 870 471 0775
    Email: clements_chambers@live.com
    clements_chambers@rocketmail.com

8. All expatriates will have to pay for the charges to hire the attorney to sign his/her contract agreements with the Institution so you have to contact the attorney first before you can contact UK immigration services for your work papers.

If you agree with the above Conditions, you are hereby required to write us on your acceptance of our job offer, and further send an application to the UK immigration Office for a UK Visa/Work Permit.

Send your Visa/Work permit Application to:

UNITED KINGDOM
    HEAD OF VISA PERMIT OPERATION
    EMAIL; info@visas-immigration-gov.com
    Tel:+447024095129

You are required to contact the attorney immediately after signing the contract you can then apply for your immigration papers to the above details through email, to enable you join us as soon as possible.

Human Resource Department
    Emma Corner
    recruitment manager
    Crest university
    London
    United Kingdom.

All document are fake fro the university person who cheat all the job seekers from foregine so dont go with this kind of fraud

• Co
      7th of Apr, 2009

Hi,

I am at UK for a temporary assignment from India.

1. I got an e-mail to my personal e-mail id mentioning that there are so many job opertunities at the specified univeristy (CREST UNIVERSITY, LONDON) from career@crestuniversity.com, Emma conner, Head of Recruitment
    2. I sent a mail for the details.
    3. They sent me an e-mail attached form, as specified, for filling and send back.
    4. To ensure the reliability, I have tried to collect more info about the university. But they have a web site : http://crestuniversity.com/ASPX/default.aspx

See another link with their job offer :

5. I have searched for the name of the specified university in the list of universities in London. But the name of specified university is not there. See one link. http://www.unixl.com/~unixl/dir/university_and_college/uk/england/london/

6. I tried to call on their telephone. But it is not a valid number

7. Searched for more info and saw this post.

Thank u very much. Anyway it is a highlevel professional fraud with a creation of fake website and all.

There is a request to everyone to take care about fake persons and organizations. Please post such experiences.

Thank you.

• Ni
      30th of Apr, 2009

I am also agreed with this

• Co
      7th of May, 2009

hi,

A few weeks later, I received a 'job offer' from them. I was excite, so I call them and it all sound great and they also were requesting that I use an attorney (David Barlsham) to sign my papers. but when i saw the charge requested i then became skeptical . Thank God i did not send in my resignation to my work place cause i now be out of a job.

Any way it a fraud, i advice everyone to be skeptical at all time and unless u got someone in the same country to check it out for your then Note Never send your money.

• Su