Cresent Bank / Scam and cheating

Cresent Bank & Trust repossessed my car over one payment. When I called to get info to pay, the agent told me I owed $1, 028! My car payment is only $288.00 late fee included. She said I had to pay a $475 fee for the repossession! Panhandle recovery, who picked up my car, is a few blocks from my house, literally!! What a rip off!!!

She said I had to pay the past due and upcoming payment, plus the $475 fee all up front to get my car back. In addition $20 a day for holding. That's a down payment on a new car!!!

She then proceeded to belittle me, as if it was her job to teach me a lesson! How RUDE!!! I am very displeased with Cresent Bank and Trust and its employees.

Va

Comments

Cl
  30th of Oct, 2008

So close to home. I purchased an SUV through Cresent and my experience dealing with them was unpleasant as well.
First of all, 3 weeks after my purchase, the engine light would not go off. Then I had to replace the radiator, which wasn't cheap. On my payment due date, Cresent would actually disable my engine!!! One day I called and told them that I would be 2 days late making my payment and they actually disabled it again! SERIOUSLY!
After making my payment and a few months later, with the engine light still on the SUV finally just stopped working! I called the dealership where I made my purchase and they wanted me to bring the vechicle back to them for servicing. After several weeks of calling and explaining to them and Cresent that the vechicle was not operative, it sat in my drive way for 4 months until they finally sent a repo man to pick it up. And of course, you know what happened after that! They still wanted me to pay for it and now its against me on my credit report!!! THANKS ALOT CRESENT!!!
OH, and now its years later and they want to garnish my wages for around $12, 784.00. I recently spoke to Cresent and the lady basically spoke to me as if she was CEO of Cresent! She treated me with so little concern or interest as a person and more concern about when could she expect payment. So I felt that I was threatened by a garnishment with her. Is her salary based on my payment? The people there are very cold when it comes to compassion and compromise!

For anyone who reads this, please reconsider before signing any contracts dealing with these people!