Crescent Processing Company / Unauthorized charges

I agreed to use their company to process credit cards. I was told it would cost $6.50 per mo. and just under 3% of each usage. Soon I got a notice that they withdrew $98.00 from my bank account. A few months of $6.50 or so and then they withdrew $25.58, they explained that I signed a four year contract but could end it for $495.00.

I know I was ignorant and trusted the salesman... But I still fell I was tricked and cheated.

I never even used the machine, but decided to pay the $495.00 and get out of the mess before more mystery deductions came

Ta

Comments

11th of Jun, 2009

What a deceitful company they are, its a disgrace. Please warn eveyone you know DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

• Co
      4th of Aug, 2009

THEY HAVE SCREWED US TOO.

• Ka
      30th of Sep, 2009

I agree totally. The Sales Rep was a ###. Each time I contact Crescent I'd say you do have in my file that Your Rep is a ### Right. They charge you for everything. They hold your money forever. My largest Batch ever they kept two weeks. Making me go through hoops getting information to justify my business.I finally got my money for services rendered two weeks prior. Now they want to send a company to my business and take pictures of my business to see if it is justified. I have run this legite business for 4 years now. Our bank knows us personally know because of the business and money we have put through their bank. This Company is A SCAM. Talked to the Canadian bank that the Visa went through for our customer. They said they didn't care where the money went. That I'd have to deal with my Merchant and their Rules. My Merchant Crescent is trying to make you as if you were a Criminal. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY, I CAN"T SAY ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT THEM. Karen in NH

• De
      3rd of Jan, 2010

Just for the record, they ly to there own reps and steal from the as well. This company should be shut down.

• Da
      20th of Jan, 2010

they did the exact same thing to me so i cancelled my bank account and im gonna post my conversations with them on youtube and i suggest everyone do the same . the didnt like it when i told them that! paybacks a b$&%# LOL!

• Vi
      19th of Feb, 2010

I totally upset about Crescent company. I am first time in the business, and they rip me off. It is a big lesson for me to learn about trusting the sale rep.
    Consumers, please use the recorder to record WHATEVER sale reps. say to you.

• Ju
      6th of May, 2010

I closed my business December 1st, 2009, because my husband had emergency brain surgery. I informed Crescent Processing Company three times, the last letter was sent certified, that my company was closed. This was after I spoke to several employees on several occasions. This is the verbal confirmation the company says it needs to stop all future billing to the retailer. They say they do no paper work that all confirmations of closings are done verbally. They said they would refund $90.00, a partial refund to my bank account, which was closed just minutes before realized funds were removed from my account without my permission. Now, they will not refund the $90.00, because there is no longer a bank account and they refuse to send to me directly. I too am going to put this on you tube... This is not a company to be trusted! Easton, PA

• Mu
      24th of Jun, 2010
    Crescent Processing Company - Don't make the same mistake I did, stay away from these guys
    Crescent Processing Company
    crescentprocessing.com

What looked/ sounded like a good deal on credit card processing has turned into a nightmare. The 1.64% base processing for credit cards has turned into monthly rates ranging from 4.05% to 6.22% after they add in all the fees and flim flam that were poorly explained by their rep. And to think I used them because they were recommended. I've been had, and with a 4 year contract to boot. Don't make the same mistake I did, STAY AWAY from these guys.

12th of Aug, 2010

I absolutely agree with those complaints. Misrepresentation by the sales rep., unauthorized charges and they always have a "good reason", failure to address key points in the written agreement by the sales rep. and the phone confirmation rep. They charge for everything and then some. The sales reps said that I would only be charged the agreed upon amount of $6 & $6.50/month which is a complete lie. I later find out that there is a minimum charge of approx. $19/month if sales on the machine does not surpass $1200/month. So, the machine is not free like the sales rep. says it would be. When I called to cancel, the employee ARGUED with me. I simply told her that I refused to pay the $495 cancelled fee on the basis that there was verbal misrepresentation on behalf of the sales rep. and that was frauduelant. She said that what I was telling her about what he said was "hearsay". I told her that he quit because of the unethical practices of the company and she replied that he no longer works with the company not because of the unethical business practices, but, because he was probably fired. Bottom line, I wish I had checked with BBB and the complaint site before signing the contract. It's been a headache and a major PAIN IN THE [censor] for me to have to deal with this crap! Life is hard enough as it is and this company just adds more to the pile of crap out there!!! Warn unsuspecting business owners and good luck to all the victims.

• Pv
      4th of Jan, 2011

I also agree with all posts. The company is charging my account p to two hundred dollars a month, when the sales rep told me a hell of a lot less We asked to cancel our account because the person who set it up was fired and we didnt like the company They said that even though we are now doing business with new management that we had a contract to hold up to . This is crap, you would think that not having our name on the contract and a terminated employee's name would void the contract. A company that is not to be trusted.

• Vi
      26th of Oct, 2011

Do some research on other companies. Most of them will buy you out of your current contract or at least throw a couple hundred bucks towards the $495 to get out from under Crescent. Don't keep giving them money. Get out any way possible.

• Au
      14th of Jul, 2016

Clearly, any reader, even a neutral one, would venture to guess that you, the author of the above complaint, was, in fact, taken advantage of by a large corporate credit card processing company. However, even with such being the case, if you cannot articulate your thoughts/complaints into a written account on at least an 8th grade level, the average reader is going to be left scratching their head over your vague references and complete indifference to English grammar. Is it asking to much for you to be Very specific so that you sound credible and actually get the attention you clearly deserve on the heels of your financial tragedy? Just a hard-handed bit of advice...

• A3
    Crescent Processing Company - unauthhorized bank debits
    wooden spoon 1
    Illinois

crecent processing co. agreed to except the service, which i never used because the hookup was
    ran for costomer view .all though i never used ihe service. collection service continue
    contact me reguarding the bill i explain to them that i was not making any money, so they
    continue to call me and agreed to settle the bill .they debit my checking account for two hundred
    and eighteen dallors fifty-eight cents, which should have settle the debt.
    . my checking account was debit again for a bill in january 2011 I never sign up for a new contract
    after the settlement was payed no additional charges should not apply.

• Bo
      14th of Jul, 2016

They promise all this stuff and when it comes right down to it. They have no clue at all how there ### works.. They tell you thru this company before you leave that place of business they want to talk to the customer. They are trying to cover there ###. They so called team leaders they are rude and dumb as hell. they are not worried about you. There worried about lining there pockets..

• Er
    Crescent Processing Company - Scam job
    crescent processing company
    washington

Did yall know they had different names..I worked for some company named summit merchant solutions..Bogus job..But they had me believing i could make all this money and that it would be easy because the merchant would already know why you are coming..But the appointments were strange...I would go to a location and ask for the name of the owner and there would be no such name...Or the business would be closed when we got there..Or they would not know why we were there in the first place...It only took me two weeks to realize something was not right about this job...Now i go back on craigslist to look for another job and i see this ad"get paid daily...Start immediately...In maryland"okay..I read the ad...I see the name crescent processing company...I look it up because it sounds alot like the last company i worked for..Lo and behold...Same complaints..Dont work for them because they are hustling the small businesses...And you will waste your time with the appointments..They pimping the salesperson to...You don't get all that money they say you gonna get..U are really working for them and you never see their face..I haven't called for any appointments since ive read all these complaint...To the small business owners..I am so, so sorry for everything those companies have put you all through..Keep fighting for your s##t..Dont give up!...Oh yeah..Somebody said they make it legal...How's that when the name of fees are fake..Ex:de-conversion???

• Dr
      19th of Aug, 2016
    Crescent Processing Company - The company is horrible and I will never do business with them again
    Crescent Processing Company
    crescentprocessing.com

I am a small business owner and I accept credit cards through Crescent. I cannot say I am happy with them. I told the sales rep most of my business is cash and checks and that I rarely have the need to accept credit cards. She told me no problem, we would not put a monthly minimum for you. Well, the first 3-4 months I was billed and "fined" for not meeting their minimum requirement. I had to call every month and go through the same deal to get the charges reversed. The a few months later they billed me $98. I caleld and they said it's a charge for fraud. They said a notice was sent to me. So I did look at my previous statement and it was written in small print at the bottom. Real convenient. Apparently it was a new fee. So I told them if they continue to get "new fees" I would cancel this. The next day they kindly withdrew $350 from my account for cancellation. They said since I threatened to cancel it was a violation of the terms. Funny how the sales rep told me that if it didn't work out I could cancel. Turns out I can cancel...after FOUR YEARS!!! So they did put the money back in my account...at the rate of $50/month. The company is horrible and I will NEVER do business with them again.