Crescent Processing / Scam

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. Do not talk to their reps, do not fill out any applications, do not giving out any of your information to them.

We had a sales rep come into our store and give us the demo and numbers. Everything looked great, I even looked this company up on the internet to see how they rated and at the time the only real complaints were from ppl that didn't read the fine print before they signed the application. I was very upset with our current processing company and Crescent seemed like a good company to switch to.

Well after we filled in the application (which is done on their little laptop) the sales rep was having problems with getting the application to submit so he told us it would be a couple of days before he could get it submitted properly.

We've been really struggling with our store the last few months because of all of the economy issues going on and we've fallen behind on our rent. The morning after we filled out the application our landlord came in and told us we had 2 weeks to vacate the property. So I called up the Sales rep and explained to him what was going on and to please not process the application as we didn't know how things were going to go with the store and most likely we were going to lose it.

He told us no problem, called into Crescent and canceled everything before it was processed.

Two weeks later we received a package from UPS/FedEx (I can't remember which delivery company it was), it was the equipment from Crescent Processing. We refused the package and told them to return it to the sender. Then I called the sales rep and told him that his company sent us the equipment and wanted to know what was was going on. He assured me that our application was never processed and that it was just a mistake that we received the equipment.

A week later we received the package again! I called the Sales Rep AGAIN and he acted like he was completely upset with the "Home office" and he would make a few phone calls for us. In the meantime he said he would come by and pick up the equipment.

In the meantime we worked out an arrangement with our landlord and he revoked the eviction as long as we could give him a set amount each week he was good with that and would re-evaluate us again at the end of this summer.

A week later our landlord comes into the store extremely upset because our rent check had bounced. We were completely blown away by it and took a look at our account. Crescent had taken out $116.00 from our account which put us in overdraft and subsequently bounced the rent check. I was furious! Then I saw two letters from Crescent Processing on my desk. I opened them and one was a statement from them saying they were going to bill us for the month of May, $116.00 and the other letter was a rejection letter saying they weren't going to approve us for an account with them at this time.

I immediately called the Sales Rep and told him what happened. He was all apologetic and told me he would call some guy named Craig Crawford and get the situation straightened out immediately. He would also have this Mr. Crawford call us and apologize.

About an hour later the Sales Rep called me back and told me that I would have to call Corporate to straighten it out. He told me to immediately ask to speak to a supervisor and to not even waste my time with the initial customer service rep because they wouldn't know how to help me. So I did what he told me and called the Corp. office and told the woman that answered that I wanted to speak to a supervisor. She refused to give me over to a supervisor until I explained to her what I wanted first.

After explaining everything to her she basically told me "That's tough, you filled out an app and even if we didn't process it you are still held to the terms and they were not going to refund my money even if I didn't have an account with them." *SCREAM* So after about 20 mins of going back and forth with this woman she finally passed me onto a supervisor who just mimicked the same attitude and words the previous rep told me. Finally after threatening to get my lawyer after them he put me on hold for about 10 mins and came back and apologized for the "misunderstanding" and said he would refund all of the fees and make sure we didn't hear from them again.

Here we are 2 weeks later and I noticed this morning that my bank account has been hit 3 times for $100 each from Crescent processing. If I was a volcano the entire West Coast would be under lava right now.

I called the Sales Rep and of course he can't do anything. He tells me that he's having similar problems with a bunch of his other customers. When I asked him if this is something new they are doing or if it's always been like this he tells me "I'm gonna have to plead the fifth on that one." and then he gave me the Corp. number again and wished me luck. So these wonderful Sales Reps on here with their foo foo tales of how wonderful this company is, know exactly what we're going through they are just hoping that no one new will pay attention to the complaints so they can mess over more businesses.

I called the Corp number and their excuse now for taking out more money is that they haven't received the equipment. You know the equipment that we sent back twice because they keep resending it to us? When I told them that we had sent it back to them twice the first person I talked to flat out called me a liar and said that if I had've sent it back then they wouldn't be billing us. There was no way they would keep resending the equipment to us. When I told her I had tracking numbers for both she came back with, "Then if you sent it you sent us some other equipment that isn't our's." Again after fighting with this woman for 15 mins to get me to a supervisor she finally transferred me over to someone else.

AGAIN I had to go through the whole ordeal again with a new person who ultimately put me on hold, came back and said "Well if we get the equipment on Monday then we'll refund the money." I finally just hung up and called my bank and explained to them what happened. The bank rep was very understanding and told me that these processing companies like Crescent are complete scam companies and the banks are running into situations like this more and more with their small business clients. They prey on the small businesses because they know they don't have a lot of money to fight them, they usually can't afford an attorney to fight for them and because it's such a hassle to change your bank info most people are hesitant to do it so they can keep taking money out of your account without the you being to do anything about it.

The Bank rep told me that unfortunately because Crescent is a "processing" company a traditional stop payment doesn't work and the only way I can get my money back is to keep hounding Crescent. So I've already turned this over to my lawyer. But the bank rep did suggest to us to change our account info at the local branch so that Crescent can't ding our account anymore in the future. Without changing the account number we can't stop them from continually and randomly taking money out of our account. So I get to go down first thing Monday and change everything over. It is going to be a major PITA but I'd rather do that than have to continually deal with this horrible company.

We didn't even become a customer of this company's and this is the garbage we had to put up with. I can't imagine what it would be like if we were actual customers. PLEASE, if you have made it this far, PLEASE listen to the people on here that have given this company a bad rating. You WILL regret it if you don't no matter what their sales reps tell you.

Ja

Comments

• Do
      30th of Dec, 2009

These people are crooks!

• Do
      30th of Dec, 2009

This company is an absolute scam. I can relate with the volcano emotion.

• Ta
      17th of Jan, 2010

Thank you for posting your experience. This company called me last week to set up and an appointment and I said they could come on Jan. 22nd because I wouldn't be in the office until then. The guy showed up on the 15th and I had to suspend my other plans to go meet with him. I was really aggravated. They do make sound like a good plan and I was actually considering it until I read all the BAD reviews about them.
    I'm going to cancel the appointment he made with me to further explain how the plan works. I've gotten all the information I need right here on the internet.

• Jh
      20th of Jan, 2010

I had an appointment today with this company. The rep did not even have a business card to give me with corp. numbers. He called his manager twice and would not let me talk to him. He wanted to set me up right now! I said I could not without talking to the boss first. Thanks for all your comments, I don't think I will contact them.
    Jean

• Le
      30th of Jan, 2010

This company is very bad. I signed up with them in mid 2007 The sales rep told me that the contract was for 2 years and the fee was $5.50 a month plus 25 cents per transaction. He asked how must I figured I would do per month. Well I am a small one man shop so maybe 0 to 3 transactions per month. There are months I did none. I told him $1250.00 per month as he needed a figure. He never said that that was the figure they used or what I had to do in $ or they would charge my account an additional $17.64. Everytime I called them I alway got more bad news. They always said read the contract ( YOU NEED A MAGNIFING GLASS TO DO SO) I told them that after the 2 years was up I would not renew I was informed that the contract was 4 years. The sales rep told me several times the contract was 2 years. I was never never told by the sales rep it was 4 years or about the $90.00 corporate fee per year. I also got charged $89.00 for a new scurity fee. This a big hit per year for the amount of transactions I do. The last straw came when they turned my terminal off because they needed a new routing number do to a bank buy out. It is funny how they could keep taking money out but would not let me take credit cards. This went on for several months. When I called them about the machine being turned off they said they have been trying to contact me. Funny I have caller ID no body from their company ever tried to contact me. Even after they got the correct routing number they never turned the machine back on but continued charging my account. Well I sent their equipment back . as expected they now want $300.00 plus $ to close the account. I have learned a lot after doing buisness with them. I have a long list of questions to ask the next company I sign up with. BY NO MEANS SHOULD ANYBODY DO BUISNESS WITH CRECSENT PROCCESSING

• In
      1st of Feb, 2010

Absolute nasty scam artists...Sales managers are a farce...they couldn't manage a bag of snakes.

Liars, cheaters don't even tell the true story to the sales reps.

They believe in one thing...if you shove enough ### against the wall some of it will stick.

Telemarketing group is a group of totally illiterate ###ters who don't know from a hole in the wall they get paid by appointments set not determining if they are valid appointments or just off a list. They send the reps from one end of the state to the other at their expense with impossible time elements. As far as the merchants go their only comeback is to shut their bank account and move on.

• Bi
      11th of Mar, 2010

Buyer Beware! Crescent Processing is a scam of the first order!

Our company signed a 2 year contract with Crescent Processing in Feb 07. The sales rep made numerous calls and drop in visits to our very busy shop, once they finally pinned the boss down, they pitched to him how their services were better than our current processor.

What they failed to disclose was a large number of additional fees and charges they would be taking out of the accounts on a monthly basis.

Not happy, but tied into a contract we stayed with them for the 2 year limit of the contract. At the end of the contract we sent a letter of cancellation, and requested address information to return their equipment. no response, more fees taken out of bank. We sent a registered letter, same results. NUMEROUS calls to their company gained nothing, a different person every call, some barely able to speak english. Most of the time we would get hung up on and have to call back and get stuck in the hold que for another 10 to 15 minutes only to speak to the next idiot that couldn't resolve anything. Once we finally got contact with "Ron" at Crescent he informed us that we had to pay an additional $350 per piece of equipment (we have 3 units), to cancel the account. When he was informed that we had met our contract obligations already and we wanted the auto withdrawals stopped he informed us that the contract automatically renews (no signatures required), unless we send a notice in writing of the cancellation...we informed him we had done so, including a registered letter they signed for, he stated that they had no record of the cancellation and that the contract was now re-newed and we would have to pay the cancellation fees or the monthly wihdrawals would continue. We got our NEXT monthly statement and the fees had jumped from $116 to $402 with no explanation. (Keep in mind we hadn't run a single card through their system for months and months.

Calls to the Better Business Bureau had no satisfactory results. So we were left with having to contact and pay for an attorney to deal with them. The whole issue is STILL pending, and they still take monthly fees from our business account as you can't put a "Stop pay" on a bank account for a processing company. Our next step is the State Attorney General's Office to try and get this stopped.

• Ne
      25th of Mar, 2010

I'm verry sorry to say that I worked for this company. At the time I thought i was helping these merchants/companies but found out the hard way that was not the case. I started hearing and LISTENING to what the merchants complaints were and found out that what I had covered with them was not what they were getting charged. Even when i tried to call and help them with the disputes (cpc) then wanted to give me the run around. the problem in that is if they will do that to a person that was employed by them I really hate to think what they have done to the customers like you and other merchants. My reasons for leaving this company are for multiple reasons. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do yourself a fovor and keep saying NO to this company and do not a rep in your door EVEN if she/he is a friend because they NOT knowing will steer ya down the wrong road. I am currently trying to help customers that i signed up to get out of the contracts because what they are doing to these good people is wrong. again im sorry for being involved with this company so please do not send harsh comments my way. P.S just so ya know there are not many loop holes for ya to get out of the contract but ya can go to your bank and have a stop payment on your account or have your account # 's changed so they can not keep taking your money

• Sh
      14th of Apr, 2010

Terrible company! I totally got "hoodwinked" by them. 2 years ago I signed my small business up with them and have regretted it every day since! I was told by the sales rep that our equipment was ours to keep free, which was a huge incentive for us. Unfortunately we had to close our business due to the struggling economy. I called crescent 03/23/2010 to ask what they needed to close our account permanently. The customer service rep said all they needed was written documentation that the business was closed and nothing else. I specifically asked if I was subject to a fee for not finishing the contract and she told me no. She never asked me to send the equipment back or any supplies. I never asked because for the past 2 years I understood the equipment was mine to keep. Yesterday 04/13/2010 I called crescent to obtain a fax number so I could submit the documentation they requested verifying that my business was closed. At that time the customer service rep told me that they expected the equipment back and if I didnt, then $700 would be deducted from my checking account. Also she said I was subject to an early cancellation fee of $350 ontop of the $700 equipment cost. I explained to her that the sales rep told me the equipment was mine 2 years ago at our first meeting and that I even had a handwritten note from the sales girl that listed key benefits of switching to crescent. The paper clear states "equipment is your free". I also noted the fact that I called on 03/23/2010 and was told the only thing required to close the account was written documentation that we were closing. Veronica, the customer service rep told me there was no record of that phone call and they record every call. I quickly pulled up my t-mobile bill and located the 4 minute conversation on my statement. After faxing the written documentation along with a copy of my t-mobile statement as well as the handwritten note from the sales rep 2 yrs ago, I recieved a phone call from "Ronnie", a crescent processing representative. She told me that if I did not return the equipment or pay for it they would press charges for theft against me! I was absolutely horrified. I explained to her that I did not intentionally want to keep the equipment but unfortunately had discarded it when I closed my business, as I thought I owned it, but had no need for it. Ronnie told me what the sales rep said didnt make a difference and she no longer wanted to speak with me. I immediately called my attorney and explained the situation and he rested my mind at ease that they could not press theft charges as there was no intent on my part to steal their equipment. He did say however that if they have a contract that states I agreed to return the equipment I would be responsible for the $700. I have not been able to locate in my contract where I agreed to that. Since yesterday I have contacted the better business bureau and filed a formal complaint regarding this issue. They are working on my case now and I am hopeful they will help resolve it to my satisfaction. In the meantime I did some research ( a little late for me now but maybe it will help someone else) According to the BBB 171 complaints were filed last year against Crescent Processing Company. 50 of the complaints were similar to mine. 159 of the complaints were resolved to the customer's satisfaction. As of today Crescent Processing Company is NOT a member of the BBB in good standing despite their claim on several websites. According to the BBB Crescent is rated at a substandard level and the number of complaints for their company exceeds every other credit card processing company that exists!

• Sy
      7th of May, 2010

I've been with Crescent for almost 4 years now. None of the names in the saccount are real. The client clearly heard what he/she wanted to hear. EVERYONE understands that if the close or sell the business he/she must return the machine. Crescent even pays for return shipment. The "fine print" 22 page terms & conditions clearly state that. It's 22 pages so that you can read it. All the other co's use less, with print so small a magnifying glass is necessary. Trust me, I see them all the time. I have many clients, many are friends, and in fact for the last 3 years I've had a client at the end of my driveway. They all have my home phone #, and, surprise, surprise, they don't call. Oh, occasionally a client will call with an issue, and I'm glad to help, either giving him good advice on dealing with customer service, or contacting Crescent myself, or both. I had a visit with a client last week, been a client 2 years at least. Auto shop, owner now semi-retired. He told me that over the last year he'd had competitors out to see if they could beat us. He said they came in, called their boss, faxed statements, and nobody could do better. I recently signed up the daughter of the first client I got with Crescent, almost 4 years ago, shortly after Crescent opened. Do we ding ya? Of course, but less than everybody else. The other co's hate us, because we don't charge for the terminal, and our rates don't rise, and we offer more and charge less. Why wouldn't you change? Everything is confirmed by phone with our office before anything is submitted. You couldn't make a better choice, and I know my competion.

• Br
      14th of Jul, 2010

I guess the person who was referencing the BBB failed to mention that out of 196 complaints (from millions of transactions), all 196 were reported as resolved or administratively resolved.

Yep, I did my research too.
    Nonetheless, I wouldn't put too much stock in the BBB. Their organization is funded by memberships. That is their focus. They are not a governmental organization and have no access to any company's information other than public record. I have also known businesses who, shortly after cancelling their BBB memberships saw their rating "mysteriously" drop.
    Hmmmmm...

Also, Crescent did a recorded call at time of application to make sure there was no confusion. My experience with Crescent processing has been simple. They delivered what they said they would and save hundreds of dollars every month. I'm sure there are misunderstandings, as there are in any company, however, I think your issue may be facing you...in the mirror.

• Cy
      24th of Aug, 2010

That's your bank's problem. They should be able to stop the drafts if you can't afford it at any time, my bank does, no questions asked, they charge $20 to stop anything, ACH, debits, whatever from whatever company. Crescent doesn't charge you until the 2nd month the $30 processing fee, which is usually $60, but it's waived to $30 if you ask them. I process just fine with them, I'm actually saving $175 a month in fees. I understand tho, if you're business is about to go under that people do get furious, I would too. However, if you're running a lot of transactions you can save a lot of money with this company.

• Mi
      26th of Aug, 2010

Thanks for this posting I was about to apply for a job at crescent good thing i saw this posting i dont want to be a part of a company that steals people money i was a victim of a scam my self especially
    good thing i didnt waste my time applying for that job

• Mh
      9th of Sep, 2010

I find it interesting that most people automatically leach onto the negative comments. Like the last individual who said he/she was going to apply for a job there, but didn't because of the bad reviews. Lol, really? Did you not just read the 4 or 5 other comments right above you that are positive?

Do you think that Crescent is the only company with bad reviews on the Internet? Go check Google, Yahoo, AT&T, Verizon, Microsoft, McDonald's and every other company out there. You're going to find angry and irritated customers wherever you go.

Then of course you have to consider that there is some exaggeration to every story. After all, the initial post states that they were having money problems, but decided to originally purchase the system before backing out? Who in their right mind goes and spends more money initially if there is a good chance the business is going under.

I mean seriously people, there are thousands of companies that utilize Crescent and are extremely happy. Even though it is a shame that the situations people were under are not the best to be in, taking the appropriate actions is the key.

If you have an issue then hire a lawyer, change your bank account, and anything else that is necessary. Don't sit there and say that changing your bank account is a PITA. I've done it before and it doesn't take that long. Plus, why would it be PITA if you're alleviating this $116 charge from your account that is creating overdrafting fees, and more stress in your life. Or wait, later on you said it was only $100...hmph, wonder why that changed.

In the end you did the right thing, and there is going to be complaints with any company. My personal question would be whether or not this has changed since August of 2009...It seems no one has really talked about them recently on here.

• Fo
      23rd of Sep, 2010

I too, am sorry that I ever worked for that company. Any fee they waive or reduce will be automatically returned to standard after 60 days. But to cancel: $500.

They are quick buck artists who don't give a damn about customer service. There is a reason their BBB rating is so horrid. There are plenty of companies out there that have good ratings. Deal with one of them instead.

• Je
      23rd of Mar, 2011

Is there any sales reps making money out there with Crescent? If not who is a better choice from the ISO's perspective?

18th of Apr, 2011

This is why your business arr failing. You get pissed off at a Credit card processing company for not doing your due dillegence. Please the Prcessing company was just a nail in your coffin.

Get a job

• Dh
      2nd of May, 2011
    Crescent Processing - Unfair Business Practices
    Crescent Processing
    Washington

Avoid Crescent Processing Company. They lie to you and then steal your money in the name of good business and free enterprise. Their customer support is rude (on purpose) and not helpful at all. Their employee turnover at the top is unbelievable. I had to hire an attorney because of their unfair "fees" and am still being ripped off. BEWARE of these thieves!

• Se
      5th of May, 2011

Could not agree more, this company is made up of scam artists and truly terrible people. We signed up with the company in December of 2010. We were given a print out of our "contract", which was obviously not our contract. After being excessively charged for three months we cancelled our service. Our rep explained to us to send Crescent our machines back and we would not be charged to cancel. Perry seemed to be a good scam artist also because this was not true. Fought and ended up paying them $495 to cancel all three accounts instead of $495 per account just to be done with them. Next month we were charged another $129.38 per account for "fees" over a month after we had cancelled our services. Still working on getting these charges back. Do not deal with this company, for any reason! At all cost stay away from James Garner and Perry Panovec, best scam artist of them all!

• Ea
      6th of May, 2011

According to federal law, contracts can be cancelled early with credit card companies. These fees vary from state to state. In Arkansas they can not charge more than $50.00. I was called after I e-mailed them and was told that this was true and they were sending out FedEx to pick up the terminal. Fed Ex did not come. I e-mailed them again and asked what I should do. (I e-mailed because I was put on hold for a half hour.) I got no response. While balancing my checkbook, I noticed that they had taken out $495.00. This also caused checks to bounce since I was only expecting 50.00 to be taken out. My new processor called and got the 445.00 put back into my account and they are going to be paying the bounce check fee.

One would think that everything is fine, not so. Today we used our debit card and it was denied. Crescent took out 3 payments of 333.33 from my acount. This was for the terminal and key pad. I was told that they will reimburse me when they receive the equipment. My bank informed me that I can sign a paper stating I did not authorize this debit and they will put the money back into my account. This has to be done the day that it hits the bank.

The sales rep told me the contract was only for a year. Turns out it was for 4. Check with your bank or attorney general to find out what the law is in your state and cancel crescent. Do not trust them to send Fed Ex out. I got the shipping label and called myself to make sure it is picked up. My bank did say they will probably take the money out again until their equipment is returned but I will keep signing papers and get it back.