Crescent Hill Terrace Apt / Hear-through & Smell-through, poor division between apt unit!.

1 2736 Frankfort AveLouisville, KS, United States Review updated:
Phone: 502-339-9092

When the manager showed me the model room of this apartment, it looks so nice for the amount of the rent. Besides, it is located in the wonderful area on Frankfort Ave, by the upscale restaurant’s terrace. But, there is a trick; only thin porous vainer divides this apartment building into each apartment unit. No insulation is installed between apartments. So, when your neighbor smokes, you must endure being the secondary smoker. When your neighbor plays the heavy metal music, you must like it while your floor vibrates with the noise. When the couple of your neighbor fights and shouts with numerous “F” words over night, you are forced to stay up. When your neighbor flashes the toilet or runs dishwater, you hear as if you flashes and runs in your own unit. When your neighbor talks or watches TV, you hear everything.

So, when you make some payment by credit card on the phone, you must whisper to the phone, so that your neighbor will not get your credit card number. Several tenants had to call the police in the middle of night as the city ordinance of Louisville, KY, prohibits anyone from making a noise beyond a certain level. But this ordinance is not accompanied by any actual penalty.

The manager of this apartment is very slow to respond. They let you leave your message of compliment on their answering machine, and then in a day or two, or sometimes in several days, they would call you if they would. Last winter, the hot water leaked so much that no one in the building could take a shower. The manager did not do anything until someone in the apartment showed us that the loss of hot water corresponds to the specific violations against Louisville Metro Ordinance.

The fixing the hot water leak took them so long and maybe cost them money. They decided to raise the rent. They say, “We have no problem getting new tenants. So many people on a waiting list want our apartments.”

I hope this information benefits you when you hunt apartment.

Comments

Tm
  4th of Dec, 2009

Wow, thanks for that. I have been very interested in those apartments for a while. You may have saved me from making a horrible mistake.

In
  30th of Apr, 2010

I have been living there for four years now. Everything you say is very true. Back in July of 2009 I found out that the people next to me were drug addicts of the worst kind. I came home one day and saw a hole in my living room wall. When I knocked on the door of the apartment next door nobody answered the door but I heard music and voices. A few weeks later I got a chance to see the inside of the apartment...it was DESTROYED. Holes in the wall, trash everywhere, etc. Every night I heard these people partying and playing music and the landlord never did anything about it. Do not live here!

Re
  13th of Aug, 2017

There's many more pics of roaches, and some that could not be taken quick enough because roaches are quick. If I had a picture of *every time* we saw one I would have at least over 100. One of them you can see where they're coming out from under the CARPET. Which apparently they can live under the carpet. They were in every room-- even the bedroom!! The slumlord of this place doesn't do anything. This is an old post, but I absolutely agree with the original post. The whole place, years after this was posted, IS STILL falling apart. It needs to be leveled off and made into a parking lot or some crap like that. Also, I guess they have habit of changing their name because they're shady. It's now, or atleast when we lived there a year ago, it was MLP inc. You're only given a P.O.Box for their business and can only mail rent; you do not get a receipt for paying rent either.

Re
  13th of Aug, 2017

@Rebecca M. Taylor The pics are blurry on here for some reason but clearer on my phone.