credo / scam phone company

United States, California, San Diego Review updated:
credo mobile
San Diego
i switched from my comfortable phone company to credo because i believedwhat they supported, and i was happy to donate my measley 1% to a non profit of my choice, all of which were companies i personally support. however, after just one month of service i started experiencing problems. the plan i signed up for was doubled on my bill because they said i signed up in a middle of a billing cycle. then the plan was not sufficient for my usage and they charged me 50 cents for every minute i went over, with no notification that i had exceeded my minutes. customer service was friendly, but not helpful, and did not honor their solution to upgrade my plan to accomodate. i had terrible usage from locations where i previously had no issues. i have had several missed calls show up on my phone days after they were missed, same thing with messages. one of which was a call regarding the death of my cat, which i did not receive until the next day. i believe this company is a scam and based on the amount of complaints i have found online i know i am not the only one who thinks so.

D  16th of Dec, 2009 by
Odd, but I have been with Credo many years and have not had any of the problems you listed. Customer service has been the most helpful of nearly any company I have dealt with, not only any phone company (I went through hell with Verizon a few years ago), but any company period. As for the number of complaints you found online, I searched the web and couldn't find any, except for this one and one other which sounded more like sour grapes than a real complaint.
A  31st of May, 2013 by
That's funny, I just checked for complaints on this company and found hundreds of them. I did this because I got a solicitation from them to switch my services in exchange for $100.00 and an offer to buy out my existing contract? How any company can afford or would even offer this on a mass level is certainly suspect to me. I believe after doing my due diligence and reading enough bad reviews I can see now how it's profitable to make such an offer. What grips me however is the usage of politics to increase their business. I'm sick to death of which side is the right side, now I have to get it when I'm being marketed to buy something as well? Enough with the political backstabbing. Who cares if so and so donated to so and so, get over it. Based on your "progressive" marketing materials it only shows me who you clearly support as well. SO..just as it's your right to support a politician of your choice, so it is the right of your competitors. How about promoting your service and debunking all those complaints about your company instead of screaming about who your competitors supported in an election!
A  4th of Dec, 2014 by
I have done a great deal of research and fell prey to Credo's clever advertising scheme. I, also, have read numerous complaints regarding former and current Credo customers. I did some research, after having problems with ETFs, and what one agent told me in Oct. to what another one told me 3 months later. My ETF went up from $110 in Oct. to $145 five months later. I found out that the company is owned by Working Assets, and the same company issued credit cards with a Wells Fargo logo. I became a sheople at the hands of this cunning company. I also have never had so many dropped calls from a cell phone company who is affiliated with Sprint. I have never paid so much for so little. I pay $70 plus tax, each month, for 700 minutes, no texting and one half a Gig of data. I am one pissed off customer.

Credo Mobile Logo Credo Mobile