Creditreport.com / unauthorized charges

United States, Texas Review updated:
an absolute rip off, i cancelled during the trial period and i was still charged 12.95 after a month.

i will never use them again

N  16th of Mar, 2010 by
Very angry about this. I checked my debit card balance a couple days ago to find a $14.95 charge from CREDITREPORT.COM. I NEVER signed up on this website, I did sign up on FREECREDITREPORT.COM a month ago or so, but cancelled after the free trial was up, and haven't had a charge from them at all. I e-mail the CREDITREPORT.COM and told them what was going on only to tell me to call the Support Line during business hours. This is absolutely ridiculous! Is there a way to get refunded? I will call the number with a piece of my mind, but what should I expect? Thank you for any help!
N  1st of Jan, 2011 by
In a period of ten days I have been charged for three months of service. I've made numerous attempts to cancel service and have been led in a circle each time. They tell me account is cancelled but refuse to send confirmation and they continue billing charges. Once they have your credit card number, Look Out.
A  2nd of Jan, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree with the comment to close down the card since once the predatory thing happens the company will do nothing to stop it. Business in America has really changed, and we no longer have companies that we can trust. Good companies are still out there yet they are now are dying institutions. Big companies are cannibalizing the smaller companies to quench its GREEDINESS. Laws are in place that allows criminal activity in the public domain – the result of picking the wrong people to go to Washington. The people we elect pass the unfair laws we are now suffering with – so voting is a part of making this right. This is neither a Democrat nor Republican issue – it is a voter issue. Be wary of anything that has the word credit attached. I had a similar experience with Global Fit, where as a part of the company I used this business to give me a discount. They made everything clear how to get them to close the account down and when I did all the actions they said to do they did not close the account down. I tried everything, and wound up contacting the head of HR for a national company to finally get them to close the account down. It was also suggested that I close the credit card account down that they were attached to which I did. So after months of taking payments I finally was able to stop the process. They owed me money and they agreed to pay me back and guess how they wanted to pay me? That's right, with my new credit card so they can attach themselves to my account once again. I responded, "Send a check."
N  23rd of Jan, 2011 by
I found a charge on my credit card statement for creditreport.com. I use a service that is billed on a different card so I knew the charge was fraudulent. I called the phone number listed on the credit card statement.

I was asked for my cc#, my name, my birth date, the last four of my social security number. I protested giving them this information. I was treated very rudely by the person answering the phone, and told "If you call your credit card company, they are going to have you call back to talk to me. You'll have to give me the information then. I need the information to be sure that you were scammed."

I expressed that I was calling my credit card company to cancel the number instead. "Canceling the card will not make a difference, we can still continue to charge the card the monthly fee of 19.95 since it was authorized."

I finally gave him the last four digits of my SS#. I was told "Yep, that's not the last four listed, it's fraud. I'll transfer you to the fraud department." (What if it HAD been the correct last four digits, would they have refused to cancel??) I got ahold of the person at the fraud department. She demanded an email address to "verify who I was".

I told her I did not sign up, I did not GIVE you my email address, I use several email addresses, several that are ONLY for companies that will generate future spam, I can't VERIFY the email address you have on file as I did not even GIVE it to you in the first place. She got nasty. "If you don't give me an email address, I can't continue this claim."

I rattled off a random spam catching email for her, she was happy. She said "This was fraud, not your ss# listed." (Duh, thanks, I knew I had not signed up.) I asked her "So basically, someone can sign up using my name, cc# and THEIR ss# and get a report?" She replied, "Oh, it looks as if they never even generated a report."

Great, so someone logged on the website, gave my name and cc#, theirs or a bogus ss#, then logged off, leaving ME charged over $65 in fees, that were set to continue until I called to cancel the subscription. It makes me wonder if CreditReport.com has people stealing CC#'s for them. Just think how much money they can make before a person realizes it. Be warned.
N  22nd of Mar, 2011 by
This company began charging my credit card on a monthly basis for services I never ordered. I called to try and correct the situation but they were rude and refused to stop the charges or refund the past charges. I had to change my credit card. What a hassle.
N  18th of Dec, 2011 by
I have exactly the same issue, only I signed up on FreeCreditScore.com and cancelled after the free trial. However, I got two $14.95 billings by CreditReport.com on my debit card and I do not think I ever signed up with their website. They seem to be affiliated with FreeCreditScore.com and claim I signed for their website online, which I am sure I did not, because I would keep a record for myself so as to call them later and cancel. I reported CreditReport.com to Better Business Bureau today and will be waiting for a response. In the meantime, I will call my bank first thing on Monday and ask them to remove unauthorized charges.
N  18th of Dec, 2011 by
I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, because they charged me two times $14.95 and I never signed up for their website. They claim I signed up online for a free trial and did not cancel, which is not true. I will also call my bank to ask them to remove the unauthorized billings.
N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by

Creditreport.com - Monthly charges to credit card after ordering a credit report
PO Box 9153
Canoga Park
Phone: 866-365-8654

I was charged 11.95 for additional monthly service charges to my credit card after ordering a one-time credit report. I called to have them reverse charges but they would not. They said in fine print, that once you order the report you are automatically signed up for a 30 day free trial, and if you don't cancel the service you will be charged monthly. Of course the person on the phone was hard to understand because they probably resource their reps out of the US. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE! IT'S HORRIBLE. Use Annualreport.com, which uses the 3 nationwide companies.
D  3rd of Jun, 2016 by
It clearly states in order to get the "free" credit report that you must enroll in the credit protection program. You are allowed 1 free report per year. Next time Google up free credit reports and it will take you to a site that is actually free... but only 1 time per year!!
A  3rd of Jun, 2016 by
Ditto on this complaint! I am filing an official complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, but have to ask: does anyone legislate this type of activity? Are any bills being sponsored to our House of Representatives or Senate to curtail this activity, and get this types of organizations under control? I'd like to know, as I have full documentation on a case where this company ignores requests to cancels...and keeps on charging!

Creditreport.com Logo Creditreport.com