Creditreport.com / False charges, difficulty in removing

This company charged my Visa card for three separate November 19 transactions, at $12.95 apiece, each identified as MNI CREDITRPT MNTR SVC. I had never authorized such a service, and when I telephoned them they said they had no account in my name. They further told me that the three charges, all to my Visa card number, was for three other names (none of them mine). They said to resolve it I would have to call their Fraud Department. When I did that, the person I spoke to said I would have to send him a copy of the credit card statement to prove I was the real card holder. So I did, by e-mail, requesting an immediate reply. I have not yet heard anything from them. The whole process, beginning with the fraudulent charges, makes me very suspicious. I have cancelled the credit card. I wonder just what kind of an operation this place is.

Ro
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Er
      3rd of Jan, 2012

Ron, I had the same problem and I called the customer service department at my bank to report and dispute the unauthorized charges and the bank restored the money in my account. They asked me about the transactions, contacted the merchant and will get the money from them.