CreditReportAmerica.com / Unauthorized charges

Found credit report america.com on wqad offering for free report then makes give credit card number for $1.00 fee to be reimbursed. Offers credit score but never gives any information and charged credit card for both the dollar and then $11.95 a month on credit card. No contact number goes through just sends back to false web address. Had to stop credit card payments through the card.

Va

Comments

Ch
  23rd of Nov, 2008

rip off know one to contact when u try to cancell

Va
  1st of Dec, 2008
CreditReportAmerica.com - Big rip off
creditreportamerica.com

First thing they do is get your creditcard number, then they give you cancellation numbers. Saying you can do this at anytime, which is not true I still have not been able to do so. Mean while your being charged for something you can not get out of and not receiving your credit reports. Your are not getting anything... Big ripoff!!!

Bi
  20th of Dec, 2008
CreditReportAmerica.com - Watch out for these guys

creditreportamerica is a big scam i've been done the same as others charged the dollar . and then charged the 11.95. then can find no contact to cancel or get the money back

Li
  29th of Dec, 2008
creditreportamerica.com

These sick people are exploiting the average citizen for their hard earned money. They gave me fake phone numbers so I couldn't cancel my order.

7th of Jan, 2009
CreditReportAmerica.com - Fraud and cheating
creditreportamerica.com

Signed up to receive free credit report but did not receive the report. They have my credit card no. so they can keep charging every month. They do not have any phone numbers to contact them and the web site that they give support@creditreportamerica.com with any questions that you might have comes back as no such web site.

I tried to cancel the order and it tells you to visit creditreporthelpdesk.com to reach a live operator so you can cancel but when you do this it tells you no one is available and office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00pm although it was only 3:00pm in the afternoon when I tried to reach them.

Or
  31st of Jan, 2009

I also used this website to obtain my credit report and I was duped. A couple of warnings:

1. Go to www.annualcreditreport.com to request your free annual credit report under federal law. Do not use these guys. The only time you pay a few is to pull your credit scores and thats $7.95.

2. CreditReportAmerica.com does not provide the phone number to cancel their monthly service. The number provided is for Fraud Protection Resource Center. When you call the numbers posted, you are canceling their service, not CreditReportAmerica.com's $11.95 a month fee.

3. The number to cancel CreditReportAmerica.com is 1-866-341-2690. Please pass this along. Do not use these services - The federal government offers your basic credit bureau report for free. If you want credit scores - that's $7.95 - well worth the fee!

Pa
  26th of Feb, 2009

I WISH TO "STOP" THE MONTHLY DRAFT FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR $11.95. Do not wish to continue your service - my information is as follows: Patsy A. Mitchell, 1744 Rhodes Road, Kenly, NC 27542. Please email me to confirm this has been taken care of. The last four digits of my credit card is 4427. My email address is kmmpam@dishmail.net. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

2nd of Mar, 2009
Credit report of America

See above the complain I told of, being charged over and over for a credit report up to $30 each time. sick and tired of trying to get them to cancel it. The person I talked to the second time on 2-4 09 very snotty about the whole thing, told me it would be taken care of. What the heck is going on.

Da
  10th of Mar, 2009

I do not want any report from your organisation. I wish no payment to be made to my credit card . my details are as follows:-
Darshanrenn@hotmail.com My address is - 95 16, 224th Street, Queens Village NY-11429. The last four digits of my credit card are 9926.

Da
  10th of Mar, 2009

I am Darshan S Reen, my e-mail ID- darshanreen@hotmail.com
I do not want any report on my credit score from your organisation. Please do not charge my credit card.
The last four digits of my credit cards are- 9926.

19th of Mar, 2009

I am Maxine Haworth, my e-mail ID-funredhead37@yahoo.com I do not want any report on my credit score from your organisation. I paid $1.00 for a report ( which I never received) and never wanted any more. Please do not charge my credit card. The last four digits of my credit cards are-1067. This is the secont time you have charged my account and I have received nothing. Please return my money.

19th of Mar, 2009

I am being taken advantage of.

Ki
  26th of Mar, 2009
CreditReportAmerica.com - False and Fraudulent Business
Pennsylvania

I was sent to them by Rent to Own Property company, CheapHomes Blowout to obtain Credit Report, they charged me my dollar and I couldnt get a credit report, Tried to go back and cancel before they charge me a monthly fee, Guess what NO place to cancel and no way to contact them, pretty bad this company is backed by, MSN

He
  26th of Mar, 2009

My daughters.Its a devorice she is getting. lawyer is wanting to see her credit cards.does she have the right to see them.The lawyer has already charged her to much already.Why should see the credit cards;.My name is Helen L Hain

St
  27th of Mar, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I typed in an address I got from the local newspaper and "creditreportamerica" showed up, thinking it was the proper place i answered the questions and I didn't recieve and credit report either.

3rd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

You guys are dumb.

Ct
  20th of Apr, 2009

Beware fellow chumps - CreditReportsAmerica and their affiliated "Identity Security" will charge your credit card and make it very difficult to stop them from doing it. This is disgraceful behavior (while legal, so are the big bank lending practices). We have to be responsible and not participate and when we get suckered in - scream like hell to everyone who will listen. I have contacted the Attorney Generals office, but CRA is a Canadian company. Yes, I am a chump and this business continues to lie to and steal from me.

4th of May, 2009

SCAM, this scamer posts on properties on craigslist to go fill out this "free" credit report to see if you qualify for a rental. It redirects you to http://www.creditreportamerica.com. DO NOT fill out any information, it is a scam, you do not get your credit report, you do not get to rent the property as its a scam. It will charge your credit card until you cancel your card.

4th of May, 2009

this link will also tell you to get your credit report through them. These are scams sites set up only to lure people into this scam. I found this scam on craigslist. Never fill out anything without meeting a person and seeing the property first.

My
  9th of May, 2009

These people, instead of charging me the $1 advertised, placed two pending charges on my credit card.. one for $2.95 and the other for $29.95 - that is a HECK of a lot more than what they were hawking. Since I caught it immediately, I called right away and raised a stink over their false advertising. I had taken screen snapshots of the entire process -- and I let them know this - so last night both charges fell off so I did get my money back.

THEIR PHONE NUMBER IS (800)712-7224.

Good luck!