Credit Union West / Fraud

There is a new scam aimed at Credit Union West customers. You are asked to call a phone number to confirm your account or reactivate your card.

Pa

Comments

• Ro
      22nd of May, 2010

I received this text message on a Business Cell Phone..Although I am a Credit Union West Member, they do not have this cell phone number. Please, Please do not enter any personal information or credit card inforamtion unless you are willing to have your credit card charged up. The Credit Union will never request personal information via text messages or emails. If you are in doubt of the validity of an email or a text message or even a person calling and claiming to be a bank representative. Go to the official bank website and call a person using the valid bank customer service number or using your bank statement customer service number. When addressing callers on the phone, ask them for their name, employee number and extension. Politely hang up (preferrably by slamming the phone as hard as you can)...Then call the customer service number to address the issue.

On a final note...I am going to make it my personal business to bring these [censor]-bags down.

• Al
      22nd of May, 2010

Today, both myself and my daughter received a text message from 502 saying, " C.U. West Alert: Your card starting with 4852 has been deactivated. Please call us at 602-314-8288 to reactivate." This is the second time this has been received by each of us. I won't be calling the number as this scam is similar to one that we received saying Yahoo was cancelling all inactive accounts and ours was one. The only wsy to keep our account active was to type in our username and verify our password, by typing that in, as well. This is how they gain your personal information and commit fraud against you. Please beware!!!

• Az
      1st of Jun, 2010

My husband just got this text today. The message said "CU~West Alert. Your account starting with 4626 has been placed on hold. Please call 602-412-3113". We actually had to stop and think whether any of our accounts began with those numbers, as we used to live in Arizona and still bank with Arizona Federal CU. I called the number and got a very poor quality automated voice welcoming me to Credit Union West and asking me to enter my 15-digit card number, so I looked up the number and found that it is a Phoenix land line. Looking up Credit Union West led me to this site. So, yet another attempt - it really does look like it's a scam. I hope the words gets out about these people!

22nd of Mar, 2014

These guys are at it again - March 2014. Received a text message to call 480.993.2805 Important Notification. Thanks previous posters for the heads up.