CREDIT REPORTS,IDENTTY THEFT MONITERING / UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE TO MY CHECKING/DEBIT ACCOUNT

1 AP9*PMIDENTITY.COM-V888Austin, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-436-0817

On May 2nd 2008 an unauthorized charge to my checking/debit account took place for the amount of $19.95 from an unknown source.An online web service with the address AP9*PMIDENTITY.COM-V888 Was posted on my on-line checking bank account. A number for this company was left on my account transaction info.[protected]. I tried calling this number but was unable to get an answer to resolve this matter of theft as I see it. In March of 2008 I did visit a web site called freecreditreport.com witch I have seen a number of times on T.V. I got my free credit report and that was that. Well the next month I had a charge of 11.95 to my account. Now I know for a fact i did not order any kind of service.I was able to reach someone at that web site and believe to have resolved that matter. But now as of 05/01/2008 I have yet another charge on my account under the alias AP9*PMIDENTITY.COM-V888 A site I have never before heard of. I now believe to be a victim of an online theft.What to do? should I close my accounts, How do I prevent more charges? A complete investigation to this site should be a priority, for I am not the only but only one in a group of victimized persons unlawfully and personally violated by an obvious criminal act. This matter should not be overlooked, full attention taken, I believe action needs to be taken for those of us who feel theres nothing we can do. no action taken to prevent these criminals would be an injustice to all victims of computer fraud. Signed, Daniel P. Bennett 05/06/2008

Comments

• Li
      15th of May, 2008

The phone number to call and stop service for this particular charge is 800-436-0817. The company is called "Privacy Matters". I first called my credit card company who transferred me to another company, who then transferred me to their sister company--"Privacy Matters". Apparently folks are inadvertently signing up for a membership of some sort when purchasing on the internet and receiving a discount, signing up for this membership unknowingly in order to receive this discount, as I did. It's all listed in the fine print on the website from which you purchased from, which I later found out. Regardless, call this number and talk to them. They stopped my service and credited the card that these fees were being charged to for this past month's charge. They can't do much more than that. And remember, honey attracts bees. A little niceness goes a long way with these people since this particular call center deals with crazy, erratic folks all day long! So put on your sugar lips and call! They will help you! PS: My charges were for $19.95 three consecutive months, and evidently these charges can be of different prices... Hope this helps!