Credit Report America.com / Unauthorized charges

1 ONTARIO PKWY. UNIT 400 Ontario, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 833-3412690

After receiving an email offering me a free credit report I went to their site and 'filled in the blanks' to obtain a report. They asked for a credit card and said there was a $1 refundable fee. I submitted my request.

I never received a report either in an email or the snail mail. That month on my credit card bill there were 2 payments to them. The $1 and then another listing for $11.95. The phone no. behind the billing was [protected] IA. I'm afraid that I will get billed again because I went on a second time when nothing came the first time. Guess that was dumb!

I called that number and was told that I should have gotten an email instructing me to go to www.creditreportamerica.com. Then my user name was 'premium' and the password was 'secure'. I went to that site and never found a place to enter a user or password. But I did find your site and read a report by someone else who had the same problem.

The first web listing for this company actually said it was not currently active and in three seconds took you to a completely different offer:An education search to help you find the right school for you. I suspect that also is a rip-off but did not follow up on the site.

Sa

Comments

7th of Oct, 2009
    credit report america . com - unable to contact and will not stop billing
    caredit report america.com
    Phone: 866 989 8952

Unable to contact at phone number given by company that does billing. I have tried to stop my service and the associated billing to my debit card. Their phone number seems not to be working. This company is a rip off.