Credit Report America / scam

1 CA, United States Review updated:

After applying on Craigslist for an office job I got an e-mail requesting a credit check through Credit Report America so I could be "added to the company insurance" which requires "a credit score of 450 or better". Credit Report America turns out to be a scam as has been documented in numerous internet postings.

More Credit Report America Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ga
      26th of Dec, 2008

Yes, they advertise FREE credit report, then they charge your account $14.95, and they send you around and around to try to find out out to get this so-called free credit report, and then you finally get a form that you have to print out and send to the credit bureaus. And then they charge your account $14.95 again, and you look for a phone number to call, and there's not such thing, but to anyone else who runs into the problem, here's the phone number to reach them, 866-340-9197 to cancel, and I asked for a refund for the last charge and they said they would credit may account for that. We'll wait and see, but my bank is good about rejecting these scams if they don't . Hopefully this will help someone else with this outfit.

• Te
      9th of Jan, 2009

I went through a similar situation with Credit Report America. I had responded to a local job listing in my area via email and was told that they needed my credit report for insurance purposes because I would be driving a company car. I was told to use Credit Report America because "it's a trusted site used in the past" so I used it. I never received a credit report and was charged $11.95 a week later. Turns out the job listing was a fake. I have since contacted Credit Report America to get my money back as well as my bank to cancel the card to insure I don't receive further charges. I have also been in contact with the Better Business Bureau for my area and was informed that there is no known physical address for the company and therefore no complaint could be pursued. It appears they are located somewhere in Canada. The BBB advised me to go to IC3.gov and file a complaint with them. They are an internet crime site with the FBI and some other law enforcement. I highly recommend that anyone that has been a victim of Credit Report America go to IC3 and file a complaint. Hopefully if we all work together they will be taken down. I am thankful that I only lost a small amount of money to them and hope that my actions will help prevent others from being scammed.

• Am
      23rd of May, 2009

I had to "get a credit check" to apply for a job at credit report america...I signed up for the $1.00 fee and have been receiving charges for things that I never signed up for. Which is about $20.00 in extra costs. This is bogus because I never signed up for these! I want to get my money back. What is this world coming to? Seriously!

• Wi
      25th of May, 2009

OMG, that is how I ended up on that site. I was looking for a rental house and that is what happened to me!! How can these people be stopped??