Credit Protection Association, L.P. / Failure to respond!

230 S Main StreetMuleshoe, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-332-2432
I was moving and called my cable company to disconnect service. They had an auto response machine that said if you are disconnecting service leave message and we will get back to you. One week later cable was still on and no one got back. I called again and they said they would not be able to disconnect until a week later. I said fine but I want my final bill. I paid the final bill of around $69.00. The cable was never disconnected for about a month later. I then got another FINAL bill for 23.99. I just disregarded it. Then I got a letter from CPA stating they were asked to collect the $23.99. I called the cable company and told them that was an incorrect billing and they needed to fix it. They said they could. Then I got another letter from CPA and I told them that was an incorrect billing they need to get back with the cable company and correct it and not to send me any more letters. They said they would stop the letters and see if the cable company corrected it. Then I got a third letter from CPA stating "This is the third time we have contacted you on behalf of Rapid Cable regarding your overdue balance of $23.99. A review of our records reveals that you have: Refused to pay your outstanding debt. Repeatedly disregarded our past notices. Ignored possible damage to your credit." Then CPA wrote a threat how they can now turn me in to National credit bureaus. I called the cable company back and told them and they said the balance was canceled. I called CPA and they said yes we see it was taken care of and there is no balance due now. I said then I want a letter from you stating this was cleared up. They said we don't do that. I said you wrote one starting all this you can write on fixing it. I got a supervisor on the phone and she said she would send a letter. They still have not sent one. I called today and they said the sent one a month ago and will resend one. I can tell they have my account marked by the tone of the person answering the phone and that they will probably not send me the letter.

Comments

Bi
  22nd of Jan, 2009
This is absolutely typical of the horrible service Rapid Cable provides. They fit right in with ### collection agencies.
Go
  27th of Jul, 2011
I got a bill from CPA that is totally made up. They are billing me for a knology account that I never had. I contacted Knology and they can't find any account that they ever had with my social security number. I was connected to the Fraud Dept and he suspects that this CPA is a fraud. The company reps for CPA couldn't give me ANY information on my debt. They can only take payment. I have had to contact debt collectors before to resolve issues and missed bills, but they were alwways able to assist wtih at least SOME information.
I went to the official website for CPA and if you want to contact them to hire them there is only an email address. It smells like fraud to me.