Credit Protection Association, L.P. / fraud claim

1 KY, US Review updated:

Spoke with Mediacom last week after several robocalls where you cannot talk to anyone. Told them AGAIN that I had discontinued service with them August 22, 2012 and to send an adjusted bill. Rep told me I would owe about 15 dollars and she would send an adjusted bill. Today I get collection notice asking for 389.47. Still no adjusted bill from Mediacom. Told their rep on August 22 that I was disconnecting service and asked for box to send modem back. They sent box and I returned modem. My contract was no longer in effect. This collection company has no access from their website to submit dispute details. Phone does not answer.

Comments

• Th
      Dec 12, 2012

Did you break a contract? I think the CA is a typical shark ready to devour another uninformed consumer - they must have just added their fees. Show them you are not that consumer.

Deal with mediacom request a final bill or just submit payment (work out the balance from all your previous bills and enclose evidence copies of the same). Whatever you do use CMRRR. Avoid calling but if you do record your calls. Once you get the bill paid write (CMRRR) the collection scammer, enclose evidence copy of payment and tell them you do not recognize their bill and they can go to hell.

Next time when you cancel services always use CMRRR even if you talked to somebody on the phone.

• Sh
      Dec 12, 2012

Contract was expired. When switching phone service the new company always wants to notify the old company so they release the phone number. Went through proper procedure and sent requests in writing to Mediacom 3 months in a row asking them for adjusted billing. No response. Kept getting robocalls. finally a real person called and I was able to get them to check the records. Said she could not give me an exact amount because of taxes, so I asked again for a bill. Still no bill. Just collection letter. I will not pay this company or deal with them in any way. When Mediacom makes contact I will settle account for the proper amount.