Credit One / dishonest practices
On April 24 I had just finished a stressful session with this organization. I first talk to a customer service rep and after going no where with her I asked for a supervisor. I got a reply that the supervisors were all 'taking calls". I told her I'd gladly wait. She also could find no record of a payment I had made on April 2nd which was sent to them electronically and verified with my bank. I never got a supervisor but this person removed the late fee.
A few days later, April 30, I received another statement from Credit One slapping me with another late fee. I called again and demanded to speak to a supervisor immediately. Again I was given the run around reply that they were 'all busy taking calls". I again said I'd wait and finally spoke to one. This time the "supervisor" said my record showed a payments received on April 17. This is 15 days after my bank had sent it to them. I asked her why the customer rep had no record of this payment on April 24 and she said she had no idea.
An investigation with my bank showed that the payments was sent to Credit One on April 2nd for the April 10th due date. My bank said that Credit One received the transaction electronically the same day but refused to do anything with it. Credit One, my bank says, sat on it until the 17th thus causing me to be eligible for another $30 late fee.
So bascically Credit One received the payment in plenty of time but hung onto it so they could tack on more fees !!!
More Credit One Complaints & Reviews
- Credit One Bank - fraudulent billing practices! 
- CreditOne Bank - credit card scam! 
- CreditOneBank.com - can't reach any cancellation dept! 
- Credit One Bank - cannot cancel account 
- Credit One Bank - fraudulent charges 
- Credit One Bank - company as a whole
- Credit One Bank - credit one bank refused for me to make payments
- Credit One Bank - credit one visa card
- Credit One Bank - fax letter
- Credit One Bank - credit card fraudulent activity and refusal to ammend